The Student Room Group

Non submission of exam

i have just got the results at the end of a very difficult (mentally and emotionally)second year at uni only to see that I got 0 NS for an exam I sat in May. I have dyspraxia and so sat the exam in another room with 2 other students taking the same exam and two history students.

I signed into the exam and had my ID checked and marked off by the invigilator at the beginning of the exam so I can prove that I was in attendance. At the end of the exam I definitely handed my papers to the invigilator and left the exam room. It is extremely unlikely that I failed to score any marks at all and so I can only assume that NS stands for non submission. Obviously this will have an impact on both my year's marks and whether or not I can proceed to final year and I am worried. Is the onus on me to prove that I handed in my paper or the university to prove that I didn't?

Typically was only able to log in to the portal to get my results after the uni had closed for the weekend so I can't do anything (but stress) until Monday morning.
Original post by spitfire93
i have just got the results at the end of a very difficult (mentally and emotionally)second year at uni only to see that I got 0 NS for an exam I sat in May. I have dyspraxia and so sat the exam in another room with 2 other students taking the same exam and two history students.

I signed into the exam and had my ID checked and marked off by the invigilator at the beginning of the exam so I can prove that I was in attendance. At the end of the exam I definitely handed my papers to the invigilator and left the exam room. It is extremely unlikely that I failed to score any marks at all and so I can only assume that NS stands for non submission. Obviously this will have an impact on both my year's marks and whether or not I can proceed to final year and I am worried. Is the onus on me to prove that I handed in my paper or the university to prove that I didn't?

Typically was only able to log in to the portal to get my results after the uni had closed for the weekend so I can't do anything (but stress) until Monday morning.

Chances are one of the clerical staff have put down NS by mistake. Happened to me with a bit of coursework, I'd handed it in on time to the right place and yet it got marked down as a non submission. Emailed my seminar tutor for that module who confirmed he'd marked it and the work turned up marked with everyone elses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending