The Student Room Group

Postgrad Speech & Language Therapy 2017 Entry (PG Dip/MSc)

Scroll to see replies

You know City's Application, where do you put your A-LEVEL results? As the option boxes don't give options for A-LEVEL grades.
Sooooooooo what happens next after we have submitted our application ?
Reply 182
Original post by Adesola
Sooooooooo what happens next after we have submitted our application ?

Now we play the waiting game!
Original post by Adesola
You know City's Application, where do you put your A-LEVEL results? As the option boxes don't give options for A-LEVEL grades.

Have a look in the guidance info as it specifies how to do it (I think...I've seen so many from different universities I can't remember which is which)
Did you put your A-Level results down *Danielle* ?
Original post by Adesola
Did you put your A-Level results down *Danielle* ?

For City? I haven't submitted my application yet but yes I added my A levels. It will boost your application if you include them

Have you seen how to format the a level info? its definitely in the guidance info
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm just heading home after City open evening. That place is a maze! So tired now! I have tomorrow afternoon free though so going to crack on with my city application then :smile: they said only one reference for City :s-smilie: which one have you chosen? I want to send both!
Original post by rainbowworld
I'm just heading home after City open evening. That place is a maze! So tired now! I have tomorrow afternoon free though so going to crack on with my city application then :smile: they said only one reference for City :s-smilie: which one have you chosen? I want to send both!

Only one reference? Really? Did they explain why
Speaking of references, is there a section where we include our referees names etc in the City application (the guidance indicates that there is) as I can't seem to find it and I've looked EVERYWHERE
Also other parts of the application that I know I have filled out are no longer there....thinking maybe technical difficulties? Anyone else experiencing them?

I went to the city and ucl open days last year and enjoyed both
(edited 7 years ago)
Regarding needing to include a CV to City's application, I had this pop up when I exited that page without adding one "Some mandatory fields are blank: Copy of your CV".
How is everyone's UCL application going!? I still need one of my referees to upload a reference :s-smilie: think i might need to email her! ahh! the stress!
How is everyone's UCL application going!? I still need one of my referees to upload a reference :s-smilie: think i might need to email her! ahh! the stress!

Have you emailed her ? It's more stressful because we had to pay £75.00. I don't think UCL were clear on the application form. If it wasn't for you guys telling me that we had to submit our references before the deadline, I would of submitted my application off on Friday.

My second referee just sent their reference

Did City say why the only want 1 reference? because it doesn't say it anywhere else
Original post by Adesola
Have you emailed her ? It's more stressful because we had to pay £75.00. I don't think UCL were clear on the application form. If it wasn't for you guys telling me that we had to submit our references before the deadline, I would of submitted my application off on Friday.

I had this issue last year too
They extended the reference deadline for me luckily
Im glad we could help =)
Original post by Danielle2708
I had this issue last year too
They extended the reference deadline for me luckily
Im glad we could help =)

How did you get it extended? Did you just email?

Did City say why the only want 1 reference? because it doesn't say it anywhere else

It does say 'reference' opposed to 'references' somewhere in the document. They did not say why - just that it should ideally be an academic one but one from work is okay. I asked if we could send two anyway and he was sort of like no I don't think so, it's meant to be one. But if you send it to two referees I guess they just take the one that sends it back first? I'm not sure! I also cannot find anywhere to put their name on the online form so I think that is untrue what they say about that in the document. I think you just have to send them the form.
Original post by Adesola

I might hit the button on the UCL website to send a reminder. I know my referee doesn't work tomorrow so I'm hoping she's free to upload it then!
I heard at the City open evening that Reading only interviewed people with firsts two years ago :O

I'd always assumed they wanted two. I just put two names down just in case.
Original post by Adesola
I'd always assumed they wanted two. I just put two names down just in case.

On your city application? Where did you put them on the form?
How did you get it extended? Did you just email?

They messaged me saying that I had some extra time (not much, can't remember how long)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending