The Student Room Group

Postgrad Speech & Language Therapy 2017 Entry (PG Dip/MSc)

Scroll to see replies

Hi I'm also thinking of applying for 2018 sep start. And also am worried about the lack of experience. I'm working this year as support SEN coordinator and have been volunteering with aphasia society for one day a week. I'll also be shadowing one SLT at a school and hopefully waiting to hear from others. Also am abit worried about the intensity of the MSc course, I'm a mum of 4 and would prob need to work 2days to get financial support. Those that are on the course, would working part time be doable? I'm amidst completing my statement and am again worried it won't be strong enough! Would someone be so kind enough to proofread mine?Would appreciate any advice and guidance/help.Thanks so much
Original post by Aspiring SLT
Hi I'm also thinking of applying for 2018 sep start. And also am worried about the lack of experience. I'm working this year as support SEN coordinator and have been volunteering with aphasia society for one day a week. I'll also be shadowing one SLT at a school and hopefully waiting to hear from others. Also am abit worried about the intensity of the MSc course, I'm a mum of 4 and would prob need to work 2days to get financial support. Those that are on the course, would working part time be doable? I'm amidst completing my statement and am again worried it won't be strong enough! Would someone be so kind enough to proofread mine?Would appreciate any advice and guidance/help.Thanks so much

I would also apply for the BSC in speech and language therapy, if you are worried about the intensity of the MSC course. You can apply via UCAS but you have to hurry !

Your experience sounds fine ! You have plenty ! Someone I knew worked as a SEN learning support Assistant for a year (that's all she did) and she managed to get into the MSC in UCL. It's not about the amount of experience you have, it's about what you learnt from those experiences.

With the BSC you can just about work part time. For the MSC..no no no, the people I know only work one day a week but they don't have any children. The MSC is quite intensive ...UCL is from 9am- 5pm three days a week, plus a full day placement and an off day. City, I believe, lectures run from 9am- 6pm.

I would of had a look at your personal statement but I'm currently doing my second personal statement for UCL. For someone to check your personal statement, go to any where, around your local area (you can even look into visiting childrens centre's) and see if they offer a CV screening (someone to look over your CV), most of the time, they would have a look at a personal statement, go over it and give you some tips on what to add.

If you want to apply for the MSC 2018 entry. Apply now ! Then decide later on.
Original post by Canadian86
Hey guys, I've just found out I have a Skype interview for UCL! Woohoo! Any advice is appreciated. :biggrin:

Hi! I am an international applicant who has been invited to a Skype interview with UCL for 2018 entry. Haven't come across other previous international applicants yet! I was wondering what questions they asked you via Skype? Were there any 'trick questions' that threw you off?? Thank you so much for your help in advance! :biggrin:
Original post by lucystefani23
Hi! I am an international applicant who has been invited to a Skype interview with UCL for 2018 entry. Haven't come across other previous international applicants yet! I was wondering what questions they asked you via Skype? Were there any 'trick questions' that threw you off?? Thank you so much for your help in advance! :biggrin:

They won’t trick you, they are nice!! We have a few international students on the course this year :smile:
Haha! I just read in other posts that they received unexpected questions that threw them off, so that freaked me out a little! Any ideas how a Skype interview will be different compared to the one for domestic students? :smile:
Original post by rainbowworld
They won’t trick you, they are nice!! We have a few international students on the course this year :smile:
Hi! I know it probably doesn’t give me any more information as every year will be different but people who were on waiting lists last year (specifically for City) what number were you and did you get in in the end? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending