The Student Room Group

Year 13 Maths Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
Oh right, you can write >= 8 if you want. It makes no difference because this is a continuous random variable. So P(T>=8) = P(T>8). But yeah, strictly it should be written >=8.

do probabilities in the binomial distribution and poission tables show values less than or less than or equal to? i keep getting confused over this especially in hypothesis testing

for example if i find a criticial region to be x is greater than 6 (or greater than equal to idk?) and 6 is the value do i reject null hypothesis or accept it? if it was a greater than or equal to sign i would reject it because its part of the critical region but my issue is i dont know if im supposed to be using a greater than or equal to sign.

if a greater than sign is used, do i still reject 6? so many questions haha
(edited 6 years ago)
So.
We have all finished our Maths Exams, I was wondering whether you all want to participate in this.

Out of a full 360 degree circle, how scared are you (express as an angle. i.e. θ=180\theta = 180^{\circ})

- To get the angle showing like this, place the following in tags:
\theta = x^{\circ}
(where x is your desired angle.)
Original post by ThatsAGoodOne349
So.
We have all finished our Maths Exams, I was wondering whether you all want to participate in this.

Out of a full 360 degree circle, how scared are you (express as an angle. i.e. θ=180\theta = 180^{\circ})

- To get the angle showing like this, place the following in tags:
\theta = x^{\circ}
(where x is your desired angle.)

Why not just a percentage?
Original post by RDKGames
Why not just a percentage?

It has to be a level related though :smile:
Hi :h:

anyone know if there is an unofficial core 3 OCR mark scheme?

it wasnt on the unofficial mark scheme list last time I checked ?

thanks!
Original post by ForestShadow
Hi :h:

anyone know if there is an unofficial core 3 OCR mark scheme?

it wasnt on the unofficial mark scheme list last time I checked ?

thanks!

I'm not sure if one was created for OCR C3. But if you Google "C3 OCR unofficial mark scheme" you should find one :smile:
Original post by Notnek
I'm not sure if one was created for OCR C3. But if you Google "C3 OCR unofficial mark scheme" you should find one :smile:

thanks found one :h:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10x73L4dWM1s2_rGT_ANVXF6BXT4CP7A8xsal0upvEh8/mobilebasic
hi guys) i'm new here but i like it so much. Here is better, than on wikipedia

Quick Reply

Latest