The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leniency at Leicester? (CompSci)

Hello people,

I wanna apply for Leicester to do CompSci.
I'm predicted ABC in English Lit., Maths and Physics respectively (also starting AS Level further maths this year) and the requirements are ABB with no specific subjects required aside from a grade 5 in GCSE Maths (I got a 6 lol).
I wanna work towards at least ABB but in the instance I am given a conditional offer of ABB and get ABC, how lenient/generous do you think they'll be?
I think they're quite lenient, especially if you just email them afterwards. If they can let you in they will :3
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Al_the_Pal
Hello people,

I'm predicted ABC in English Lit., Maths and Physics respectively (also starting AS Level further maths this year) and the requirements are ABB with no specific subjects required aside from a grade 5 in GCSE Maths (I got a 6 lol).
I wanna work towards at least ABB but in the instance I am given a conditional offer of ABB and get ABC, how lenient/generous do you think they'll be?

Hi did they make u a conditional? I also wanna apply to Leicester this year for business management tho with predicteds ABC in Spanish, maths and computer science respectively. Their offer is ABB and I’ll def meet that, but did u get made the offer to begin with??
It would be rlly helpful to know xx:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by anon123459804
Hi did they make u a conditional? I also wanna apply to Leicester this year for business management tho with predicteds ABC in Spanish, maths and computer science respectively. Their offer is ABB and I’ll def meet that, but did u get made the offer to begin with??
It would be rlly helpful to know xx:smile:

hii sorry i never ended up applying there

(i applied to Queen Mary, Royal Holloway, Brunel and Greenwich for Maths and Computer Science and Sussex for Maths)
i got 5 offers but now i'm doing an apprenticeship instead lol.

my friend got a conditional of ABB to do CompSci at Leicester but got BDD in Maths, Physics and CompSci so he's doing a foundation year there.

hope that helps!
Original post by Al_the_Pal
Hello people,

Hi there!

Happy to hear you are looking to apply to University of Leicester!

You are not far off from the required grades, I would suggest having a conversation with the admissions team at the university who can offer some advice 🙂

Best of luck!

Sumayyah
UK Student Recruitment Assistant
(Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience)
Original post by University of Leicester
Hi there!

You are not far off from the required grades, I would suggest having a conversation with the admissions team at the university who can offer some advice 🙂

Best of luck!

Sumayyah

You need to read the OP's most recent post in this thread...
Reply 6
Hi there!

Best of luck!

Sumayyah

Salaams,

Thanks for your response but I didn't apply to Leicester in the end; I also finished year 13 a good few months ago.

Thanks, anyway.
Hi there!

Best of luck!

Sumayyah

thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending