The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

'Acquired' the new All That Remains and Bloodbath albums. Had a quick listen to ATR and first impressions are that its quite weak compared to The Fall of Ideals, but it'll grow on me. And Bloodbath is....well...Bloodbath, really.
Reply 2261
Just working my way through the new Amon Amarth now. They have added some groove riffs, which I'm unsure about first listen. I can hear some effects in the background on some tracks as well - that wasn't there before!

Amon Amarth is one of those bands that I want to stay the same forever, keep the epic chorus riffs and stop sounding like average death metal!
Yeah, I don't want them to change. :frown:
Reply 2263
is anyone looking forward to death magnetic? it sounds promising but i won't get my hopes up.
Reply 2264
imtired
is anyone looking forward to death magnetic? it sounds promising but i won't get my hopes up.

It's the best album Metallica have made since ....And Justice For All. The best songs are That Was Just Your Life, The End Of The Line, Broken, Beat & Scarred, All Nightmare Long and My Apocalypse. I'll be seeing them at the The o2 next Monday. It should be a great show! :cool:
Reply 2265
If anyone is interested, Einherjer have reunited and will play the Ragnarok Festival next year. :biggrin:
Who? :p:
Got to love those Manowar fans-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIqAVm5R_vM&feature=related

Awesome video! :biggrin:
Listening to a cover of Love Machine (WASP) by Lullacry. Not as bad as Avril Lavigne's cover of Fuel I guess. :/
Reply 2269
SmilerNuts
Who? :p:

You might laugh at this video... :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPbYdo-l-Vc
Reply 2270
For those that care, Death Magnetic is now available at your local Zavvi, HMV or wherever place near you sells music. It was released yesterday due to a last-minute decision by their record label. My local Zavvi had loads of copies when I went in yesterday. It's out there to buy if you want to.
One of my favourite bands ever, finnish doom metal skepticism have announced a new album and one of the tracks is available on their myspace here: http://www.myspace.com/officialskepticism

:biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 2272
Wow, that's a rarity, I will have to check that out...

EDIT: Wow! I am so looking forward to this. For funeral doom, it is quite easy to listen to, so some of the less doom-aware folks here might like this.
Ooo, I like Skepticism. Looking forward to the album. :biggrin:
Reply 2274
Ohkkkk- who else is loving Metallica's new album Death Magnetic here?? Ive already listened to it from track 1 to 10 like 3 times now...and I gotta admit- THEYRE BACK!!! :biggrin:
Reply 2275
Yep, it's a good one. Production could have been better though. And Lars' drums still sound terrible. But there's some really good riffs and solos. That Was Just Your Life kicks ass!
Reply 2276
I can haz the new Gojira album. :biggrin:

I'm not sure what the leverage on this site is for links to file sites, so PM me for details if you want it.
Woo Metallica Rule! :cool:
61e.CR
I can haz the new Gojira album. :biggrin:

I'm not sure what the leverage on this site is for links to file sites, so PM me for details if you want it.

3 tracks in atm, and its brill. Toxic Garbage Island :redface:
Reply 2279
I have been playing Rock Band for about a week now, and it's getting me listening to bands I haven't paid attention to for years, like Faith No More :cool: I am liking The Outlaws as well atm, not heard them before getting Rock Band.

Latest