The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
n u c l e a r b d h
Oh. RJA. I have been informed that you're a Muse Society leader and there's a load of join requests to be done. :p:

My bad, there were millions of the buggers :redface:
angelk8
Ummm, well it has to be Nightwish (saw them at Birmingham and they were amazing), Iced Earth and Opeth.

I personally would love Sonata Arctica to be confirmed. That would be amazing.

I've never been to a festival before so I am quite excited. :biggrin:

Who are you going with?

Do you have the same problem I do, that none of your friends like the same music as you?

Pretty much! And the ones that do are already going to other festivals, so have no money to go bloodstock! I wanna go, but I only know one person who 'might' be going :frown:
Reply 1582
What kind of artists are these?
Reply 1583
angelk8
Ummm, well it has to be Nightwish (saw them at Birmingham and they were amazing), Iced Earth and Opeth.

I personally would love Sonata Arctica to be confirmed. That would be amazing.

I've never been to a festival before so I am quite excited. :biggrin:

Who are you going with?

Gonna be my first festival too! Will be going with two of my best mates definately and maybe another two will come (am counting on one of the guys passing his driving test soon so we don't have to get the train :P).

Sonata Arctica would be amazing but I didn't mention it as they've just been on a UK tour so it seems quite unlikely - can always hope though!
Moogen
Gonna be my first festival too! Will be going with two of my best mates definately and maybe another two will come (am counting on one of the guys passing his driving test soon so we don't have to get the train :P).

Sonata Arctica would be amazing but I didn't mention it as they've just been on a UK tour so it seems quite unlikely - can always hope though!

That's cool. Your lucky you have friends with the same taste in music as you. Wish mine did, but they haven't even heard of any of the bands I like. :p: I'm going with my bro and a few of his friends - he went last year and loved it. He bought my ticket for my 18th - great present that was :biggrin: .

I know, but living in the south (and a few hours from London) meant I couldn't go to see them, so them being there at Bloodstock would be brilliant. I doubt it though.
Reply 1585
Now that Smilernuts has buggered off to Glasgow I don't really know anyone with similar tastes in music.

Have Kalmah played in the UK before...? I would love to see them but like most MDM bands I doubt they play anything other than festivals. Eg as far as I can remember Scar Symmetry played Bloodstock last year and that has been their only UK date :frown:

Ah well at least I have seen Norther and Dark Tranquillity this year :smile:
LouLou815
Pretty much! And the ones that do are already going to other festivals, so have no money to go bloodstock! I wanna go, but I only know one person who 'might' be going :frown:

My problem exactly! Damn friends *scowls* :P

I'd be going to Hellfest if I could afford it and was atually on speaking terms with any of my other friends going :rolleyes: Has easily the best lineup out of all the festivals this year imo.
I'd be going to <festival name> if I knew anyone going. Insert the name of most of them there. :biggrin:
Reply 1588
Moogen
Yup! :biggrin: Who are you most looking forward to seeing? For me its Opeth, At the Gates and Iced Earth at the moment.

There's still 3-4 mainstage bands to be announced (I think). I'd like to see Wintersun, Meshuggah, Amon Amarth (already playing download but I don't care) and Kalmah announced - that would make this an epic festival for me!

Meshuggah are doing a fairly extensive UK tour a few weeks after Bloodstock so I doubt it will be them. Amon Amarath won't do it as they can only commit themselves to one UK festival a year. They could play next year or the year after though.

They should get Carcass on the bill. And Kreator. :biggrin:
Reply 1589
angelk8
That's cool. Your lucky you have friends with the same taste in music as you. Wish mine did, but they haven't even heard of any of the bands I like. :p: I'm going with my bro and a few of his friends - he went last year and loved it. He bought my ticket for my 18th - great present that was :biggrin: .

I'm sure you'll meet loads of people there though. I've heard Bloodstock has a really great atmosphere and generally attracts a friendly crowd.

JesterFromHell

Has easily the best lineup out of all the festivals this year imo.

Definately. Really amazing lineup across the stages - I could name about 30-40 bands I'd love to see.

Keeno89

Have Kalmah played in the UK before...?

Not that I know of - I think Bloodstock would be a perfect place for them to make an appearance though!

akmd
Meshuggah are doing a fairly extensive UK tour a few weeks after Bloodstock so I doubt it will be them. Amon Amarath won't do it as they can only commit themselves to one UK festival a year. They could play next year or the year after though.

They should get Carcass on the bill. And Kreator. :biggrin:

Oh yeah I forgot about the Meshuggah tour...and I think I even mentioned it here a couple weeks ago as well...:p: Kreator prolly not after Destruction were announced but who knows? Carcass would be damn brilliant - seems like the best place for them to make their UK appearance.
JesterFromHell

I'd be going to Hellfest if I could afford it and was atually on speaking terms with any of my other friends going :rolleyes: Has easily the best lineup out of all the festivals this year imo.

Yeah definatly. It has an amazing line up but bad timing with exams meant I couldn't get there. Oh well, maybe next year. :smile:
JesterFromHell

I actually have the money to spare which is a first....maybe I'll find a bunch of randoms and go with them :rolleyes: would prolly be ok as at least i'm in the UK, so can go home if it goes disasterously!
Deffinitly a great line up though....
angelk8

I know, but living in the south (and a few hours from London) meant I couldn't go to see them, so them being there at Bloodstock would be brilliant. I doubt it though.

Why can't I have a brother like yours!?lol (or my sister to have a better taste in music :p: )
Reply 1593
SunburnedCactus
I'd be going to <festival name> if I knew anyone going. Insert the name of most of them there. :biggrin:

Same, and add 'if I had any money to spare'. :biggrin:

Bloodstock looks good this year. I'm still somewhat amused at Dimmu Borgir being there but I love them anyway.
LouLou815
Why can't I have a brother like yours!?lol (or my sister to have a better taste in music :p: )

Haha. He got me into metal really. It's great now (he used to moan at me for my awful taste in music, which I can see now was awful but I thought it was great at the time :p: ). Just keep forcing your sister to listen to it and eventually she will see the greatness that it is! :biggrin:
angelk8
Haha. He got me into metal really. It's great now (he used to moan at me for my awful taste in music, which I can see now was awful but I thought it was great at the time :p: ). Just keep forcing your sister to listen to it and eventually she will see the greatness that it is! :biggrin:

See, that is cool! I've tried getting my sister into it....any of it!lol but i've only managed to add a few indie bands to a list of music she likes. I think it's too late to save her.... :biggrin:
My whole family is into metal!

My dad liked older hard rock and heavy metal from the 70's (Maiden, Sabbath etc), which was my main influence when I was young listening to his old records and tapes.

I then got my sister (16) into metal, although she prefers power/heavy metal as opposed to black/death.

My brother (10) is slowly getting into it, he came with us to see Maiden last December.

And now my mum likes DragonForce and Manowar (I put some songs on her iPod for her to listen to).
See that's ^^^^ just cool that they're all into it! My mum actually listens to alot of the indie/more mellow bands I listen to, and come to gigs with me, but I can't get either of them into metal. Punk is a different matter as both my parents were punks!
Reply 1598
Have you tried folk metal on your parents? That seems to go down well.
Hmmm folk metal might work....
And some of the mellower metal songs maybe. I know she likes 'The Unforgiven' and 'Nothing Else Matters' so maybe similar songs to them she'd like!

Latest