The Student Room Group

Losing Someone - Help me

-snip-
(edited 6 years ago)
T.L.D.R
For the people who are too lazy to read:

I basically like a girl a bunch and she likes me too. I have to leave her due to moving. I also have to drop a couple of subjects and Im in Year 10 so it's difficult.

What can I do to get through this difficult time.
Original post by Stian_Hazelgrove
Hey, I'm new here but I joined because of all of the problems I have recently in my school life.

So here's one of my problems: (Sorry for being too long, but can someone please answer)

I'm basically a Year 10 pupil and I've been living in my town for over 7 years. I've been doing relatively well in subjects such as Computer Science and IT. I'm not that popular, I have hardly much friends and I do get bullied from a bunch of people but I usually just ignore it all. I've never had a girlfriend in my entire life which makes me feel a bit lonely sometimes.

But for about 2 weeks I met this girl who is so nice, we basically talked and talked a lot more after doing work experience. We went to McDonald's, the cinema a few times and I already talked to her about my feelings about her. She didn't hate me for it, she just said she didn't know and she had wanted a cool down from a boyfriend. She always told me she wanted a loyal boyfriend, this is when I began to fall in love with her more and more.

I always talked to her, she laughed all the time and I think she began to like me. At this point I thought that this is it, I finally found the right person, I finally could get a girlfriend. I always said to myself I would always like her and never cheat on her or do anything horrible to her. I even told her I wasn't a clingy person, and she really liked to hear that. I even told her I would like to be with her in the future and she liked it too.

But then it was today when I got so depressed I couldn't handle it.My parents told me we were going to move, and they told me we had to move due to money problems and it was literally 140 MILES from where I live now. I was so upset, because I had to LEAVE this girl I had spent so much time trying to earn her and I was going down the right path. I had to just leave her, lose my other small friends I hardly had have.

It's not just this that made me depressed, it's that I have to drop 2 complete subjects that I've spent so much time and effort on since the new school doesn't have it. My parents said it's fine, because the school likes to have people who worry about their education because it's easier. This made me feel a bit better but I couldn't stop thinking about losing a girl that I began to like being with a lot, and that my education would go down hill as I literally am half way through my GCSE's.

On the other hand, I do like the idea of moving as I can actually lose all my weight as I was overweight, build some of my muscles, change my hair and make a very good impression on the new people I meet. I always think about this as a good thing because I can make new friends, be more popular and I could actually get a girlfriend there too. I could even get my own bedroom, and the new house looked big and nice. It's just that I need some help with me accepting the loss I have with this girl and how to deal with staying calm moving schools at this time of my education.

Thanks for taking your time to read - Stian

Mate your in year 10, that 'girlfriend' doesn't mean s***t, move on now, its for the better
why can't you lose weight now... why can't u dye your hair now.... stop making plans for when you've moved cos ultimately it won't happen... there's no time like the present!

about the girl: you're year 10. literally year 10... during year 10 neither me or my 10 friends have even spoken to a boy ,so chill out. you are at the first chapter of your life! also the fact that you're making plans to find another girl when you've moved shows that u probably are only so obsessed with her because u think this is ur only chance to get a gf... dude you have your whole life for that. focus less of popularity and being cool and focus on being good at school and being healthy - once you're successful , popularity follows automatically .

my advice: forget the girl , you seem to only be into her BC this is your first experience with a girl. u will meet plenty others. start getting healthy now , and be thankful u get to have a fresh start , u can be whoever you want to be :smile:
Original post by theBranicAc
Mate your in year 10, that 'girlfriend' doesn't mean s***t, move on now, its for the better

This is exactley what I want to do but it's just harder because I've never had a girlfriend in my life and I finally get to this stage of it happening but then I just have to throw it out of the window.
Original post by Anonymous
why can't you lose weight now... why can't u dye your hair now.... stop making plans for when you've moved cos ultimately it won't happen... there's no time like the present!

about the girl: you're year 10. literally year 10... during year 10 neither me or my 10 friends have even spoken to a boy ,so chill out. you are at the first chapter of your life! also the fact that you're making plans to find another girl when you've moved shows that u probably are only so obsessed with her because u think this is ur only chance to get a gf... dude you have your whole life for that. focus less of popularity and being cool and focus on being good at school and being healthy - once you're successful , popularity follows automatically .

my advice: forget the girl , you seem to only be into her BC this is your first experience with a girl. u will meet plenty others. start getting healthy now , and be thankful u get to have a fresh start , u can be whoever you want to be :smile:

Thanks for your advice. I guess what you say is true, I just haven't had any experience.
Reply 7
Damn, sorry about your GCSEs. Which subjects will you have to drop?

Also, you're in year 10 babe. Year 10. Relationships mean nothing, amount to nothing, at this stage. Young people are stupid, and she isn't going to be that fairytale girlfriend you're looking for.
Original post by Another
Damn, sorry about your GCSEs. Which subjects will you have to drop?

Also, you're in year 10 babe. Year 10. Relationships mean nothing, amount to nothing, at this stage. Young people are stupid, and she isn't going to be that fairytale girlfriend you're looking for.

I have to drop Photography and Computer Science.
Photography isn't much of a problem since it's not my future. It's just that I spent so much time working on it. Computer Science though, I have A's on that and they don't have teachers who teach that type of stuff.
Reply 9
Original post by Stian_Hazelgrove
I have to drop Photography and Computer Science.
Photography isn't much of a problem since it's not my future. It's just that I spent so much time working on it. Computer Science though, I have A's on that and they don't have teachers who teach that type of stuff.

You can always carry on computer science in your spare time if you want to take it to a degree level. I personally don't know many schools that teach it, but our Comp Sci graduates do just fine all the same.

Otherwise, photography is no real loss lol. Will you have to replace these with other subjects at your new school?
Original post by Another
You can always carry on computer science in your spare time if you want to take it to a degree level. I personally don't know many schools that teach it, but our Comp Sci graduates do just fine all the same.

Otherwise, photography is no real loss lol. Will you have to replace these with other subjects at your new school?

Well, My parents told me that I can probably continue Photography in Art in my new school. Also, I made a mistake, they actually do Computer Science.So, I just hope it all goes smoothly as I move to the new school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending