The Student Room Group

Losing a friend

I'm losing a friend- and it sucks, and hurts more than anything. I've dealt with this before, but this person is so incredibly close to me. They openly admited the end of our friendship on our gc, and has deleted all messages between the two of us in the past two years, and pretend like I don't exist.
I'm honestly feeling so done with everything at this point. My exams are literally around the corner, but I dont know how to control my emotions. It doesn't affect them at all, and even if it does, they've hid it well.
The worst thing is- its all a stupid misconception, and one liar. I can swear on my life I've done nothing conciously to evoke such a response, and i wish i could turn back time, and fix this whole pile of rubbish.
Can anyone help in any way at all?
Sorry you're going through this, it must be difficult; especially with exams on the way. You could try explain to them about this misunderstanding? It's really hard losing a friend but you shouldn't give up. I'm sure you didn't do anything wrong and that after explaining to them about it, it'll be good.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I'm losing a friend- and it sucks, and hurts more than anything. I've dealt with this before, but this person is so incredibly close to me. They openly admited the end of our friendship on our gc, and has deleted all messages between the two of us in the past two years, and pretend like I don't exist.
I'm honestly feeling so done with everything at this point. My exams are literally around the corner, but I dont know how to control my emotions. It doesn't affect them at all, and even if it does, they've hid it well.
The worst thing is- its all a stupid misconception, and one liar. I can swear on my life I've done nothing conciously to evoke such a response, and i wish i could turn back time, and fix this whole pile of rubbish.

If you haven't, try to sit them down and have a serious conversation just the two of you. Communication is clear and everything can get cleared up or at least a solution is formed.
If you have and they still don't want anything to do with you, just leave them. I know its hard and with exams around the corner, you're already going to be overwhelmed. Its hard to get over someone especially if the two of you used to be very close but do you want to be friends with someone who doesnt want to hear your side of the story? Are they really a good person if they decide to believe anything they hear about a person than listening to the actual person themselves?
I would forget about them and focus on your exams. Take time to reflect on what type of person they are. It just sounds childish of them to even announce on a groupchat that you aren't friends, who even does that.
I hope ur okay but try to focus on ur exams bc they are important
Original post by Anonymous #1

☹️ I'm just about to write my own post about losing a friend. It hurts so bad. When they go from showering you with attention to acting like you don't exist. This was during my exams too. I think I understand how you feel.

What is the misunderstanding?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #3
If you haven't, try to sit them down and have a serious conversation just the two of you. Communication is clear and everything can get cleared up or at least a solution is formed.
If you have and they still don't want anything to do with you, just leave them. I know its hard and with exams around the corner, you're already going to be overwhelmed. Its hard to get over someone especially if the two of you used to be very close but do you want to be friends with someone who doesnt want to hear your side of the story? Are they really a good person if they decide to believe anything they hear about a person than listening to the actual person themselves?
I would forget about them and focus on your exams. Take time to reflect on what type of person they are. It just sounds childish of them to even announce on a groupchat that you aren't friends, who even does that.
I hope ur okay but try to focus on ur exams bc they are important

Thanks, I'm doing much better now- and I attempted to communicate and was faced with a stubborn face. They're refusing to acknowledge my perspective at all, and I'm now coming to terms that we're on our seperate paths now...
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #4
☹️ I'm just about to write my own post about losing a friend. It hurts so bad. When they go from showering you with attention to acting like you don't exist. This was during my exams too. I think I understand how you feel.

What is the misunderstanding?

Awh- I'm so sorry ur going thru this too. It really does hurt, and betrayal of trust is real.
The misunderstanding to simply put it: Is that for the last 4 months, they've been hearing from one other person that I also trusted, that I've basically been talking **** behind their backs. Which is the biggest piece of bull ever. Thats the shortest version 😅.
Wbu, whats gone wrong?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #2
Sorry you're going through this, it must be difficult; especially with exams on the way. You could try explain to them about this misunderstanding? It's really hard losing a friend but you shouldn't give up. I'm sure you didn't do anything wrong and that after explaining to them about it, it'll be good.

Thanks so much- ur post really helped, yeah i've tried but its pretty much hopeless. Anyhow- my focus are my exams now anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending