The Student Room Group

I think I chose the wrong degree

I'm not sure where to post this as I'm new here, please forgive me.

I have been studying Interactive Media Development since last year and am about to finish the first year of my foundation degree. I failed two assignments and am now resitting them to hopefully move onto my second year. Though while redoing my assignments I lost all motivation in doing them. I don't feel like I can do well enough to pass them. One of my assignments is to create a website and while trying to get a better grasp of HMTL, CSS and JavaScript I started to wonder that maybe this course just isn't for me.

So I thought about just dropping out and reapplying for a different course for next year. However, I'm concerned about the consequences of me dropping out. Would dropping out affect my chances to start a different course at another university? I have already applied for Student Loans this year and the application has been accepted. If I drop out then what happens with the student loans? Would I be able to cancel them since I am unable to continue onto year two?

I'm still unsure what to do. Even now I still don't know what I want to do with my life. Like what job I would like to do for my future. The only reason I ended up doing what I am now, was that I considered myself to be good with computers and that was it. I also wanted a degree so that I could work abroad. I had no other interests besides that. Which is why am I having doubt about it. Should I try to cling on to my IMD course even though it feels like I have no chance of passing, or should I quit and start over again with a different course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending