The Student Room Group

Foundation year ?

Im taking my gcses next month and im predicted all 5s and im planning to do foundation year since I have a scholar ship (so money is not a problem) what are the best foundation courses to take and where in London?? im thinking UCL or Kaplan? whats your opinion? 😊
What do you mean by "foundation year"?

Do you mean for university? If so, those normally require you to have completed your school education. Simply doing your GCSEs are not sufficient, you will also need A-levels (or your country's equivalent if you are not based in the UK).
Reply 2
Sorry!! I got it mixed up its new to me lol. I go to Kaplan after my gcses and do my foundation year then after that I go to the uni of my chose? im not a 100% correct me if im wrong please
Original post by artful_lounger
What do you mean by "foundation year"?

Do you mean for university? If so, those normally require you to have completed your school education. Simply doing your GCSEs are not sufficient, you will also need A-levels (or your country's equivalent if you are not based in the UK).
Original post by bdotty
Sorry!! I got it mixed up its new to me lol. I go to Kaplan after my gcses and do my foundation year then after that I go to the uni of my chose? im not a 100% correct me if im wrong please

That's not at all how it works.

If you want to go to university, you need to do A-levels or another level 3 course (e.g. IB, level 3 BTEC courses, etc). A foundation year is for those who have done a level 3 course but don't meet the requirements for their intended degree programme (usually due to not having taken the correct subjects - they usually aren't designed for those who simply didn't get good results in their relevant A-level subjects).
(edited 12 months ago)
Original post by bdotty
Im taking my gcses next month and im predicted all 5s and im planning to do foundation year since I have a scholar ship (so money is not a problem) what are the best foundation courses to take and where in London?? im thinking UCL or Kaplan? whats your opinion? 😊

Hi did you decide which foundation will you go? And in which uni are planing to apply?

Quick Reply

Latest