The Student Room Group

University applicants 2017 thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rangoona
Anyone got an offer from queen mary for Law? I sent my application on the 16th December but im slightly worried that I wont get an offer as my IB HL points are lower than required but my total is higher. Do I still have a chance? Do they take longer to send rejections?

If you don't meet the basic requirements (both overall and HL) then for Law at a top Uni its unlikely that you will get an offer - not impossible, but certainly unlikely. If these are achieved grades, its very unlikely.
i'm so scared that i won't get into any university
Original post by fatima.kay

Don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
all im good for is failure. pray for me

You'll be fine, you'll at least have one uni if you applied to unis where you meet/exceed the requirements!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was Until I received 5 achievable offers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rangoona
Anyone got an offer from queen mary for Law? I sent my application on the 16th December but im slightly worried that I wont get an offer as my IB HL points are lower than required but my total is higher. Do I still have a chance? Do they take longer to send rejections?

I'm in a similar situation with some of my unis (predicted a 775 in HL and 41 total(+2 points), most require 666 HL and 36-38 predicted). Sent in my app on the 12th, anxiously awaiting offers or rejections. Hope it works out for you!

If this happens (it probably wont), then you just reapply in October with known grades. It isnt the end of the world - this happens to lots of people.
AS: AAB
A2 pred: A*A*A
That's computer science, biology and chemistry.

Offers from: Glasgow, Bristol, and Brighton(for biology).

Awaiting replies from: Birmingham and Queens Belfast.

Has anyone else tried UniTrack on the play store?

It works well (showing all choices and keeping me logged in). I just haven't been able to check if the notifications work, as I haven't received any offers since I've installed it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by s33ds
AS: AAB
A2 pred: A*A*A
That's computer science, biology and chemistry.

Offers from: Glasgow, Bristol, and Brighton(for biology).

Awaiting replies from: Birmingham and Queens Belfast.

Has anyone else tried UniTrack on the play store?

It works well (showing all choices and keeping me logged in). I just haven't been able to check if the notifications work, as I haven't received any offers since I've installed it.

I wouldn't trust a third party application like that. We're talking about access to your account that can decline offers... It's not a well established app either with 1 - 5 user installs. I'm actually intrigued to know how it works as I cannot find any UCAS documentation on any API for such a task... Oh well each to their own. Good luck with your remaining choices
Original post by Aidan.reed
I wouldn't trust a third party application like that. We're talking about access to your account that can decline offers... It's not a well established app either with 1 - 5 user installs. I'm actually intrigued to know how it works as I cannot find any UCAS documentation on any API for such a task... Oh well each to their own. Good luck with your remaining choices

My college tutor asked us to install it, during tutorial while we were doing our applications. So, it was recommended by him, otherwise I wouldn't have gone with it!.

It works well, I'll try and find out more about it.

I'm also fairly sure that a developer wouldn't be interested in people's UCAS details? I don't really see where the profit could come from.
Original post by s33ds
My college tutor asked us to install it, during tutorial while we were doing our applications. So, it was recommended by him, otherwise I wouldn't have gone with it!.

It works well, I'll try and find out more about it.

I'm also fairly sure that a developer wouldn't be interested in people's UCAS details? I don't really see where the profit could come from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efHCdKb5UWc

Haha! evil men/women hidden behind evil apps - their vitriolic jealousy of higher education has pushed them to fulfil their secret, vindictive ambitions to take down the University establishment, 1 applicant at a time.

In all seriousness though, I've had it for a while now with no problems, along with other students in my tutor group. It works well, its only purpose is to keep you updated (you can't actually withdraw/any other actions inside it, just shows you the information about your choices).

I'll try and see if I can get information about the way it works from the developers (their email is on their Play store listing), I'll post it here if anyone is interested? (mainly aimed at Aidan.reed).

I'll also ask my tutor about it as well, as he must obviously know the origins if he's recommending it (he's a computer science lecturer at my college).

scrn.png
Original post by s33ds
Haha! evil men/women hidden behind evil apps - their vitriolic jealousy of higher education has pushed them to fulfil their secret, vindictive ambitions to take down the University establishment, 1 applicant at a time.

In all seriousness though, I've had it for a while now with no problems, along with other students in my tutor group. It works well, its only purpose is to keep you updated (you can't actually withdraw/any other actions inside it, just shows you the information about your choices).

I'll try and see if I can get information about the way it works from the developers (their email is on their Play store listing), I'll post it here if anyone is interested? (mainly aimed at Aidan.reed).

I'll also ask my tutor about it as well, as he must obviously know the origins if he's recommending it (he's a computer science lecturer at my college).

scrn.png

Seems like a nice app actually, going to try it.
4 out of 5 of my choices are for Computer Science although I'm also applying for Business Information Systems at UEA. Is my personal statement which talks about business and Computer Science relevant? Are they particularly selective? Are my predicted grades good enough? (D*D* and B in History). I'm quite anxious that I would get rejected.
Original post by s33ds

scrn.png

Hey, I always like to act on the side of caution it's probably ok to use. If you could find anything out that would be great very interested to know how it works :smile:
Original post by mollyjoy1998
Are there any Pharmacology applicants out there??!! I feel very lonely, not found anyone on TSR that is a 2017 applicant :frown:

Name: Molly
Course: Pharmacology/Pharmacology & Physiology
Universities: Leeds, Nottingham Trent, Edinburgh, Liverpool and UCLan
GCSEs: A*A*A*AAAAAAB
AS Levels: AAAB
A Levels (predicted): AAA (but I'd love A*AA)
Offers: Not sent off my application yet (need to wait for my reference to be written, but on my side everything is done!)

Sifting through all the posts and yay! Another pharmacology person. There's literally only 24 people that get accepted onto the course I've firmed on, so it's gonna be real difficult hahahha.
Courses: Neuroscience, Applied Anatomy, Biomedical Sciences.
Universities: University of Bristol, University of the West of England.
GCSE grades: 5x A, 2x B, 2x C.
Currently studying: Access to HE Diploma (Science).
Grades (achieved): 12/45 Distinctions.
Grades (predicted): 45/45 Distinctions.
Extra curricular: Volunteering with SWASFT HART paramedics, shadowing, "pro" gamer, shooting, more volunteering!

Got offers today, super happy!
Last year of this ish:

CompSci (g400) @ Southampton (year 2 entry), Notts (year 2 entry), Exeter (year 2 entry), Bristol (year 1 entry), Durham (year 1 entry)

Currently a first year in CS at Swansea, with a ~88% average for first semester.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Last year of this ish:

CompSci (g400) @ Southampton (year 2 entry), Notts (year 2 entry), Exeter (year 2 entry), Bristol (year 1 entry), Durham (year 1 entry)

Currently a first year in CS at Swansea, with a ~88% average for first semester.

Posted from TSR Mobile

PPM, so are you transferring?
Original post by jneill
PPM, so are you transferring?

Depends on how I feel after spring week recruiting is over and once I'm into second semester.. but the intent is there, even though I thoroughly enjoy the people and course thus far, a boost in recruiting prospects would be quite helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending