The Student Room Group

Is prison really that bad

Scroll to see replies

Before I was dreading prison but it's not that bad keep yourself low
you may have food and shelter in prison
but your freedom, which is much more precious, is taken away from you

(well actually you need food to survive, but not freedom necessarily.......)
????:s-smilie:
True
I'm thinking how do people cope
it isn't just about you. It's how it would affect your family, relationships and your future. Many doors will be closed to you, your prospects will be narrower and you will have difficulty getting a job with a criminal record.
Original post by Anonymous
Family' have me scared, they was like you could die on your first day, what's it really like and how would you cope first time going inside

My mum went to jail (not prison but similar) overnight for drunk driving and she said it was horrible and that she'd never do it again
Females are different
Nah it's not that bad. I have a buddy at gym and he snuck a phone in and he snapchats me all the time. It's not as bad as it looks on TV

He watches TV and goes to the gym and even him and their inmates cook whatever they want aslong as they request it. Yeah, steaks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It'll be hard but you can still get jobs with a criminal record
Reply 49
Given that 90% of people on TSR are studying their masters at Oxford; I wouldn't place much weight on their knowledge of life in prison.:wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Depends on your character and background. Dont take anything offered to you. You determine how youll be treated.
They might know people
Do prisons have Internet, swear you can't take your phone in you get searched, do they have freeview or sky they can cook what they like sounds sweet and they got a gym to workout, what catergory prison was he in
AIUI definitely Freeview, and a cut down version at that.

No Sky, no internet and no phones (officially).

It is, after all, a punishment, so I can't really say I disagree with that.

I think some prisoners get games consoles though, as a removable priviledge. Think beat up PS2, not swanky new PS4......
Freeview ain't that bad, I love my internet I'm on that 24/7 don't know how I would cope without that, true prison is a punishment can't disagree and ps2 that's still ok got some decent games on

Quick Reply

Latest