The Student Room Group

NCS or Brampton Manor 2023??? Help...

I don't know whether Brampton or NCS is the right choice??? I feel like i've heard some bad things about NCS(the workload) but I still don't knoww. Please help and also if you are thinking of going to these places too...what are your thoughts?
(edited 3 months ago)
they are both very similar in which they have good teachers but only pick the high achieving students. Also the workload of ncs is a lot but it promotes a hustle culture, this appeals to students as they think they are more productive. Imo ive heard more good things about ncs compared to brampton. I was thinking of applying to both of these but ended up just applying to my school and lae since they dont look like prisons from the outside.
Reply 2
Original post by rayhxn97
they are both very similar in which they have good teachers but only pick the high achieving students. Also the workload of ncs is a lot but it promotes a hustle culture, this appeals to students as they think they are more productive. Imo ive heard more good things about ncs compared to brampton. I was thinking of applying to both of these but ended up just applying to my school and lae since they dont look like prisons from the outside.

they do kinda look like prison ig 😂 but thanks : )
(edited 1 year ago)
I'm ngl I need some current students to explain, I actually don't know if I should go to Brampton or NCS
Reply 4
Original post by Hopefully Smart
I'm ngl I need some current students to explain, I actually don't know if I should go to Brampton or NCS

I'm struggling with this too. Doesn't look like Brampton have put any results up except their 90 students A*A??? Lots of friends starting to sway NCS but I'm not sure.
(edited 8 months ago)
Hey
This is for someone who has went LAE Tottenham or Brampton Manor, so I've successfully managed to enroll into both however have to make a choice as to which one I want to go to.
I"m at this point so confused so have come here for advice, first of all commute for LAE Tottenham is 35 mins and Brampton Manor 1hr and 15 mins, so commute is slightly longer. Second of all, I already know a few people going LAE so less concern of making friends however I'm happy to make friends if necessary. Next, I've saw Brampton has significantly higher results and also the outcome of the students going to Oxbridge, if not Russell group unis, but LAE Tottenham has opportunities also where fewer students do well and also are able to continue on to Russell group unis and very few Oxbridge. I also see Brampton has a fair selection of clubs but so does LAE. I'm not too fussed on commute or friends but is Brampton worth that extra travel per day and also the fresh start?
Reply 6
Oh
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by sharifahmedx
Hey
This is for someone who has went LAE Tottenham or Brampton Manor, so I've successfully managed to enroll into both however have to make a choice as to which one I want to go to.
I"m at this point so confused so have come here for advice, first of all commute for LAE Tottenham is 35 mins and Brampton Manor 1hr and 15 mins, so commute is slightly longer. Second of all, I already know a few people going LAE so less concern of making friends however I'm happy to make friends if necessary. Next, I've saw Brampton has significantly higher results and also the outcome of the students going to Oxbridge, if not Russell group unis, but LAE Tottenham has opportunities also where fewer students do well and also are able to continue on to Russell group unis and very few Oxbridge. I also see Brampton has a fair selection of clubs but so does LAE. I'm not too fussed on commute or friends but is Brampton worth that extra travel per day and also the fresh start?

Hey so I think you should go for LAE as it’s much better and efficient as it would take less time and a levels are pretty exhausting so don’t waste your time on commuting Becuase it pretty much took up most of my time. Also you got friends there so good luck at LAE :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Inaaya.A
Hi, I'm moving to london this summer holidays (from Birmingham) and don't know whether Brampton or NCS is the right choice??? I feel like i've heard some bad things about NCS(the workload) but I still don't knoww. Please help and also if you are tihnking of going to these places too...what are your thoughts?

I don’t know much about NCS but I know that Brampton is supposedly the best school in the area. I would suggest joining in year 7 or Year 12 as it is less messy than joining in say year 8. Though in year 7 there aren’t many places as Brampton is the school everyone wants to go to (at least when I was in Yr 6), there were about 30 places when I applied.
But all in all I think Brampton is a good school. Not particularly in a good area Or nice look from the outside but you will be envied by other schools students
Original post by jaypat07
I'm struggling with this too. Doesn't look like Brampton have put any results up except their 90 students A*A??? Lots of friends starting to sway NCS but I'm not sure.

where did you end up going?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending