The Student Room Group

Nottinghamshire Police records misogyny as a hate crime

Scroll to see replies

Damn fair enough but I live in Notts (at the moment) and so although I've left retail now, when I was working at a supermarket and middle aged woman members of staff and female customers joked to each other with gems like "well he's just a man so what can you expect", "gosh men are useless", "get out the way and let a woman do it" etc etc (just banter of course, hahaha, I have to be amused), can I retrospectively have my misandry protection enforced? It's just I never heard two men making a joke loudly about women in that way, almost like they'd fear for their jobs, but obviously it's okay for woman to joke about men. If you're a man and take issue then....man up I guess?

Tbf I'm not that bothered as I highly doubt it'll ever impact on me, but just interesting it goes one way, bit like those domestic abuse ads aimed at teens, only men can be perpetrators. Or the GP I go to (and the other one in the area) offering private appointments for partners being physically or mentality abused..women only FYI.
(edited 7 years ago)
I wonder if muslims will get a free pass, because of their culture
How can you even detect misogyny in order to actually prosecute someone for it...? That's a lot of conversation-policing. >_>
This is interesting. Wolf whistling is now a hate crime.

I wonder if women will come forward with historical allegations of verbal abuse from 40 years ago, and we get a Jimmy Savile like effect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending