The Student Room Group

Is there any point?

Okay so me and my boyfriend have been together for nearly five years. We've been quite on and off during this period but even when not together, neither of us has dated anyone else exclusively. We both have quite serious trust issues but he's not a lot worse than me due to his family situation etc. Only a year ago, I found out he suffered from extreme cases of anxiety and depression and recently it's become really bad. It became especially bad during my exam period and he demanded my attention a lot. During my exams, I still spent a lot of time with him and I believe it was partly down to me that he became better. However, whilst I was helping him I felt myself sinking into a depressed state and I started questioning whether I really loved him or whether I was trying to fill the empty feeling inside. After my exams were ove I tried to end it a few times but he just broke down and said he loved me and whatnot. However, now that my exams have been over for a couple of weeks, I feel neglected by him. Like I want to tell him that I feel depressed but he's not there for me. He only seems interested in sex and he rarely ever tells me where he is. I don't want to sound needy but he literally is never online so I cant arrange to meet him and he never answers my calls. I found out about stuff he's done in the day through a facebook account because he doesn't tell me.Also, because of hi anxiety he is often rude to me wand hurts my feelings but I put up with it because I know he's ill but should I hang onto a relationship where I feel so ill myself and alone? I tell him I need his time and he doesn't give it or promises he will give it but doesn't..
Original post by Anonymous
Xxxx......

Wow that was a lot to read lol

Anyway you should break up with him, if you don't feel happy or being with him is affecting you mentally. Sounds like he's not interested in you anymore hence why he's ignoring you. Just let him down gently and stay strong when he starts crying.
Reply 2
Original post by mr T 999
Wow that was a lot to read lol

Anyway you should break up with him, if you don't feel happy or being with him is affecting you mentally. Sounds like he's not interested in you anymore hence why he's ignoring you. Just let him down gently and stay strong when he starts crying.

It's so difficult because he gives me attention only when he realises he might lose me or sees another guy looking/firting with me. And when I try to break up with him, he thinks im leaving him for nother guy who he is extremely jealous of..
Reply 3
You don't owe him a thing, and if you're not happy with the relationship you should make sure he knows that. There will always be other people that make you genuinely happy. Whatever benefits you get from the relationship, you can get those benefits with plenty of other people who will also treat you properly
Sounds like the relationship ran it's course a while ago. As hard as it is, end it...move on...heal...await better prospects. :smile:
Reply 5
Easier said than done :redface: I guess the hard part is, I don't know how to end it really. I've always been a believer of fixing relationships, rather thn throwing them away but I guess it's time. :redface:
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Easier said than done :redface: I guess the hard part is, I don't know how to end it really. I've always been a believer of fixing relationships, rather thn throwing them away but I guess it's time. :redface:

believe me you'll look back on it in a year or so and be glad you got out when you did

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending