The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsamor
Who has mocks next week and needs to do well, me. Who is not prepared, me.

Mine are the week after next, but my Oxford interview is next week and so interview prep is currently trumping revision, so I am also unprepared!
My mocks are the week after the Christmas holiday :h:

Sort of a good thing, sort of not, but what you gonna do bout it? :dontknow:
Woo my track finally updated with my unconditional firm status!!! I feel like crying for a number of reasons:

- If one of you told me this time 3 years ago I would be going to uni I wouldn't have believed you.
- A lot of determination, strength and hard work has gone into this.
- I've had to prove a LOT of people wrong to get to where I am today.
- I've never been the sharpest tool in the shed ( :wink: ) but the fact that DMU feels like I'm actually capable enough to give me an unconditional offer, is just something to celebrate.

Roll on 2017!!! Absolutely buzzing to start 🎉🎉🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
Woo my track finally updated with my unconditional firm status!!! I feel like crying for a number of reasons:

- If one of you told me this time 3 years ago I would be going to uni I wouldn't have believed you.
- A lot of determination, strength and hard work has gone into this.
- I've had to prove a LOT of people wrong to get to where I am today.
- I've never been the sharpest tool in the shed ( :wink: ) but the fact that DMU feels like I'm actually capable enough to give me an unconditional offer, is just something to celebrate.

Roll on 2017!!! Absolutely buzzing to start 🎉🎉🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!
Today is going to be productive.
It HAS to be productive.
Basically on Thursday all of my teachers (bar one) set homework that is due in Tuesday, and on Friday one of my teachers wasn't in so she set cover work for tomorrow and I need to finish it off.
All of the work is manageable - I can do most of it today and even tomorrow afternoon (home study).
I would have done some on Friday but I needed to sort my sociology folders out, and fill in my independent learning logs for both sides of the course and that took priority. Also I didn't have my resources with me that would have helped me with the work.

Should I make a to do list or is it just pointless?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey, if you could check out my site thestudentkit.com

I wanted to make it easy to find past papers for maths, biology and physics on your phone as most students are on a smartphone

The site is still a work in progress and many more subjects will be added soon.

all feedback is appreciated.

many thanks
Original post by hollyy_16xxx
Well done, I've got a unconditional from York St John, it's so lovely but I'm still thinking about it though!:smile:

What course are you planning to study? I have an interview there next week :smile:
That feeling when you have a test tomorrow and can't remember a single thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no idea how im gonna pass A- level chemistry !
My interviews are legitimately going to go so badly :colonhash:

I really need to spend some solid time preparing fully and practicing structuring my answers...
I have english coursework due Friday at 11 am, 2000 words... Have I started? Yet I'm here on the student room smh :ashamed2:
SOMEHOW :biggrin:

it was a close call but that's what I get for being a lazy idiot :colonhash:
Finally break up for the Christmas holidays this week - Year 13 is really going quick! Soon enough it will be May and we'll be getting ready to leave sixth form forever. I've got a lot on this week; tomorrow I've got a talk on sexual exploitation, Tuesday I've got 'extended tutorial' and hopefully my last ever maths lesson, on Wednesday I don't need to go in because my media teacher cancelled revision classes after school, on Thursday I've got media revision for my resit at lunch then on Friday it's Christmas jumper day/my last school day of 2016 in between lessons, homework deadlines and just sixth form in general.

I can't believe how quickly 2016 has gone, this year has been the best I as an individual have had for a few years, and I really hope 2017 is just as good. :smile:

It literally struck me whilst writing this that 2016 is our last full year of compulsory education - as after Christmas we will have 4/5 months left. Aaaah. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ashpittawayx
I have no idea how im gonna pass A- level chemistry !

I was saying the same thing to myself this time last year.
12 months later I'm a first year Chemistry student at uni xD
Finally break up for the Christmas holidays this week - Year 13 is really going quick! Soon enough it will be May and we'll be getting ready to leave sixth form forever. I've got a lot on this week; tomorrow I've got a talk on sexual exploitation, Tuesday I've got 'extended tutorial' and hopefully my last ever maths lesson, on Wednesday I don't need to go in because my media teacher cancelled revision classes after school, on Thursday I've got media revision for my resit at lunch then on Friday it's Christmas jumper day/my last school day of 2016 in between lessons, homework deadlines and just sixth form in general.

I can't believe how quickly 2016 has gone, this year has been the best I as an individual have had for a few years, and I really hope 2017 is just as good. :smile:

It literally struck me whilst writing this that 2016 is our last full year of compulsory education - as after Christmas we will have 4/5 months left. Aaaah. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your last day is on Friday? I get of on the following Wednesday :frown: :colonhash:
Original post by Shaaayxp
Your last day is on Friday? I get of on the following Wednesday :frown: :colonhash:

That's painful when it's only a few days before Christmas!! That being said in Year 9 I broke up on the 21st December, my old school broke up so late!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's painful when it's only a few days before Christmas!! That being said in Year 9 I broke up on the 21st December, my old school broke up so late!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep that's when we are breaking up :colonhash: Shouldn't be legal if you ask me
Yep that's when we are breaking up :colonhash: Shouldn't be legal if you ask me

I agree, but you might go back later in January!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree, but you might go back later in January!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I go back on the 4th :redface: You?
I go back on the 4th :redface: You?

I go back on the 3rd :frown: if there wasn't a bank holiday on the 2nd i think I would have gone back then. How painful :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest