The Student Room Group

Why do you get a stencil in maths sets?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by bigoliver
Here's another maths stencil you can buy, but this one must be for more advanced mathematics...

Attachment not found

I actually might distribute this to some of my A Level students.

It'll be useful if they ever need to draw the Easter Island statues:

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 21
We may get a definitive answer soon, another mate of mine (Chris) has emailed Maped Helix to ask them...

"No idea, so I've [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] Hi Can you advise what the expected usage is for the included stencil within your maths sets?http://www.mapedhelix.co.uk/products/education-equipment/maths-sets/school-classicie when would this be used in reality?ThanksChris"

If/when he gets a reply I'll post it here

I am intrigued, I really hope they answer!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know. I believe they are pointless just like my pencil after I've tried to use these stencils. The bl***y pencil never fits in the holes provided 😡
Reply 23
Original post by 1998RF
I don't know. I believe they are pointless just like my pencil after I've tried to use these stencils. The bl***y pencil never fits in the holes provided 😡

You've actually tried to fit your pencil in the stencil? (would make good lyrics to a song).
You've got further than most of us, may I dare to ask, what was you going to do with your stencil if your pencil had fit?
Reply 24
I've owned a few maths sets over the years whilst I've been studying maths, all of which have came with stencils...

20160722_162340.jpg

...what gives?

As much maths studying that I have done I've still not found a use for the stencil.

Does anyone know what the intended purpose is for the stencil?

The front of my maths set states "over 100 million sets sold" that's a lot of stencils, surely someone should know what they are for?

Cheers,

Oliver

To justify the silly price
Reply 25
Original post by notnek
I actually might distribute this to some of my A Level students.

It'll be useful if they ever need to draw the Easter Island statues:

😂😂I know you can never be too prepared, but does drawing the Easter Island Statues come up often in A level maths exams?😂😂
Reply 26
Original post by IYGB
To justify the silly price

The full maths set is only £2.24 from Amazon and I got free next day delivery.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Helix-Oxford-Maths-Set-B43000/dp/B000J66XPG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469269234&sr=8-1&keywords=Helix+maths+sets

At any price I really don't mind if they stop supplying the stencil.
Reply 27
😂😂I know you can never be too prepared, but does drawing the Easter Island Statues come up often in A level maths exams?😂😂

Not currently but with the A Level changes coming soon, you never know.
To show you the amazing quality of their stencils and encourage you to buy a stencil set, thus earning them more money? Or maybe, it's just to give you something to do when you get bored of actually doing maths? I don't know.
This is a surprisingly humourous thread.
Reply 30

Here's another maths stencil you can buy, but this one must be for more advanced mathematics...

Attachment not found

I would have so used that one. I'm awful at those squiggly bracket thingies. If only I knew about it a few years back. Now this one could actually be useful. The letter/number one, still have no idea what they're used for.
Original post by Devify
I would have so used that one. I'm awful at those squiggly bracket thingies. If only I knew about it a few years back. Now this one could actually be useful. The letter/number one, still have no idea what they're used for.

Yeah, when I saw this I thought it was great! I have dyspraxia and drawing all the symbols and things neatly is a nightmare - That one is definitely useful!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 32
Maybe including the stencil is a way to get rid of all the left over waste after producing alphabet fridge magnets...
image11.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)
You've actually tried to fit your pencil in the stencil? (would make good lyrics to a song).
You've got further than most of us, may I dare to ask, what was you going to do with your stencil if your pencil had fit?

Well maths bored me so... Any procrastination techniques were welcomed. You should write that song 😄
Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by Joinedup
Attachment not found

This made me lol then when I told my family they lol.
Great reply, maybe the best response to a thread I've ever recieved.
They're for procrastination😂 Or revision posters I guess
Original post by Joinedup
Attachment not found

😂😂😂😂😂

I love the advanced one as well. I might buy one someday.
well perhaps young children might buy these maths sets and will want to use the stencils
We may get a definitive answer soon, another mate of mine (Chris) has emailed Maped Helix to ask them...

"No idea, so I've Hi Can you advise what the expected usage is for the included stencil within your maths sets?http://www.mapedhelix.co.uk/products/education-equipment/maths-sets/school-classicie when would this be used in reality?ThanksChris"

If/when he gets a reply I'll post it here

lmao hopefully they reply...

Quick Reply

Latest