The Student Room Group

How hard are Edexcel: Maths,Economics and Geography at AS and A-Level

Any revision tips would also be appreciated and what I can do to prepare to start doing the subjects in September at AS?
Original post by lan5
Any revision tips would also be appreciated and what I can do to prepare to start doing the subjects in September at AS?

In terms of Economics, it's likely that you're all going to be starting afresh (yes?), so in terms of actual work, I wouldn't worry much about the actual content, but look at economic activities for the world (very important for macro), and perhaps look at about the EU decision, and how that effects the economy... If you really want to look at specific content, then scarcity, and supply and demand will most likely be the first things you look at for micro!

Maths - for this, if you know which qualification you're doing, then I found getting the first textbook for the course, and slowly working through it, just got my mind back into gear for Maths, and meant I had a bit of a head start when we started the course... I think if you got a good GCSE grade, and you do plenty of practice and put the work in, getting a decent grade in this is very very feasible.

Geography - didn't do it, no idea!

Quick Reply

Latest