The Student Room Group

How often do you buy clothes & shoes etc?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I usually buy clothes & shoes etc once a month, I don't spend crazy amounts though probably around £30-40. Although, it's not customary to buy something I like once a month.. If I don't like something then I just don't buy anything for that month. For example, New Look have a 60% sale yesterday and I may have placed a order 👀

Last month, I managed to find some cheap coats in the ASOS sale which I'm quite proud of, one coat it was £85 and I brought it for £28.50 :wink:

I usually buy clothes online and look for sale items also, best part is when you get free delivery and 30 day free returns.

I seriously don't spend much on clothes (I waste a lot of my money on food). In the past 3 years I have went on a shopping spree only twice each year (during summer and december).
Original post by Raizelcadres
I seriously don't spend much on clothes (I waste a lot of my money on food). In the past 3 years I have went on a shopping spree only twice each year (during summer and december).

I'm the opposite, I hardly spend money on food. I'd rather spend it on clothes and shoes etc haha
Reply 22
Only if i absolutely have to so rather rarely, call me a skinflint :rolleyes:
Original post by Anonymous
I usually buy clothes & shoes etc once a month, I don't spend crazy amounts though probably around £30-40. Although, it's not customary to buy something I like once a month.. If I don't like something then I just don't buy anything for that month. For example, New Look have a 60% sale yesterday and I may have placed a order 👀

Last month, I managed to find some cheap coats in the ASOS sale which I'm quite proud of, one coat it was £85 and I brought it for £28.50 :wink:

I usually buy clothes online and look for sale items also, best part is when you get free delivery and 30 day free returns.

every couple of months for standard stuff (jeans and polos) and I'll spend about a £1,000 in Gucci
other stuff is more when I can get a deal then I'll buy (formalwear and jackets) last time was my Zegna trip that cost me about £2,000 but I bought 2 suits and 3 pairs of loafers and a silk tie in store (cash of course)
Reply 24
whenever i feel like i need new clothes i buy some. on average i usually buy a few items per month. how much do i spend... hmm i'd say around £100
I usually buys clothes once in a month and shoes once in 3 or 4 months
probably buy clothes once maybe every 2 years or so, i hate spending money on clothes so i just wear new look or asos or primark
what's even the point? Clothes will not make you goodlooking if you're not. Beauty is a gift that you're born with. You can't buy it
I buy from charity shops, have found still tagged items from asos, gap etc for at must £4!! It's where I also buy all textbooks and normal reading books!!
Original post by RoyalMarine
what's even the point? Clothes will not make you goodlooking if you're not. Beauty is a gift that you're born with. You can't buy it

who **** in your cereal this morning?:rofl:
Usually I go clothes shopping once a year, just doing one massive haul.
Original post by Justmoll28
who **** in your cereal this morning?:rofl:

your mother,she does squirt well :biggrin:
Original post by RoyalMarine
your mother,she does squirt well :biggrin:

i dont have a mum..
I generally only buy in sales, unless I really need something like jeans or a couple of cheap new tops. I do most of my clothes shopping in January and July. I love the Asos sales in particular! In January, I bought myself a £95 coat for £9.50! Well, it was actually free because the order arrived really late and they gave me a refund which was very kind, but £9.50 was a steal. It's a very nice coat! I buy a lot from New Look too
(edited 7 years ago)
Once every few weeks usually, usually around £20-£50 at a time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending