The Student Room Group

2017 - Asset Management/ Graduate Schemes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by chongwe
Anyone had a fidelity equity research graduate phone interview heard back yet?

Hey, mind if I ask when you applied for Fidelity? :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by Acqua
On the 25th of September, got the test invite 2 weeks later and the video invite 2 days later :smile:

Sounds cool!
I think I did the same pretty much, I did my interview on the 9th Oct though. I am pretty "bearish" on my application lol, although I am applying for the summer position, if that might be a factor.
Reply 82
Original post by a7xb
Sounds cool!
I think I did the same pretty much, I did my interview on the 9th Oct though. I am pretty "bearish" on my application lol, although I am applying for the summer position, if that might be a factor.

Hahaa 'bearish', that's a nice way to put it! I did mine on the 15th so it might be that they're reviewing grads first so be a bit more bullish :wink:. I was surprised to get the OPQ invite as it hasn't been mentioned anywhere, not even on the application process page, and I find it weird that it's the stage after the video interview (assuming that they are not reviewing the video itw alongside the OPQ).
Reply 83
Original post by a7xb
Has anyone heard from Schroders after video interview? Done it around 10 days ago now..

I did it 7 days ago so far no reply or request to do any further tests.

I saw someone got a request to do a further Occupational test. I did not get this request did you get a request.
Has anyone heard from M&G after video? And from JPM after tests?
Reply 85
just a quick question: do AM firms/departments emphasize picking graduate scheme applicants with great quantitative skills??
because my major is in management and even though i have done a lot of finance modules, i am not a mathematician. i do have an A in A-level maths and 33/36 in my ACT math section. is that enough or will i be penalized for not having completed any math modules as part of my degree?
Reply 86
also, when applying, is it better to apply to boutiques or to big banks, from a success rate perspective? many thanks
Reply 87
Original post by dave788
I did it 7 days ago so far no reply or request to do any further tests.

I saw someone got a request to do a further Occupational test. I did not get this request did you get a request.

Nope, no request. No communication so far :/ Hbu?
Reply 88
Original post by a7xb
Nope, no request. No communication so far :/ Hbu?

No request or communication. Thanks . Just not sure if it is a good or bad thing.
I am expecting to wait 2-3 weeks. Good Luck
Reply 89
Original post by tarmangue
Has anyone heard from M&G after video? And from JPM after tests?

I would also like to know about M&G. I submitted my video interview almost 4 weeks ago and nothing yet.
Yes I submitted on the 29th of September and still nothing. Not sure whether that's good or bad or irrelevant.
Reply 91
anyone else just get an email from DB saying their program was full already?! guess their freeze just came into effect :lol:
Reply 92
Original post by tarmangue
Yes I submitted on the 29th of September and still nothing. Not sure whether that's good or bad or irrelevant.

Well, so we're exactly in the same position. I also submitted on the 29th of September. I was expecting to hear back after 3 weeks, but I don't really know.
Reply 93
I submitted my M&G video 1st October and have heard nothing either, it went badly so i'm not expecting to hear back anyway. I applied to DB been invited to tests but haven't done them yet. Anyone have any tips for the Schroders sonru video interview? Read something about 6-8 questions with 2 minutes to prepare. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 94
Original post by dv12783
I submitted my M&G video 1st October and have heard nothing either, it went badly so i'm not expecting to hear back anyway. I applied to DB been invited to tests but haven't done them yet. Anyone have any tips for the Schroders sonru video interview? Read something about 6-8 questions with 2 minutes to prepare. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Which programme? I did the video interview for the Data Insights programme last year and the questions were the same from the ones I found at Glassdoor.
In my opinion, just check for video interview questions at Glassdoor for the same programme you applied for and practice them before. It will be the same or very similar.
Reply 95
Original post by frpff
Which programme? I did the video interview for the Data Insights programme last year and the questions were the same from the ones I found at Glassdoor.
In my opinion, just check for video interview questions at Glassdoor for the same programme you applied for and practice them before. It will be the same or very similar.

The WM programme, thanks yeah I'll check those out!
Reply 96
Original post by tunza1
anyone else just get an email from DB saying their program was full already?! guess their freeze just came into effect :lol:

Got the same email

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Original post by souman
Got the same email

Posted from TSR Mobile

wth....do they usually close so early or is this due to their troubles in the US?

hoping it wont last until next year....that would be an ice age....
Reply 98
Same email from DB + Baillie Gifford rejection today... it's going to be tough
Original post by MichelT
Same email from DB + Baillie Gifford rejection today... it's going to be tough

May I ask when you applied to Baillie Gifford and for which programme?

Quick Reply

Latest