The Student Room Group

UCAS credits help

Hi, was directed here by someone in another thread, figure maybe this place can help

I went to college and completed a BTEC course (Level 3 Extended National Diploma) in 2014, got overall a MMM.

On the UCAS tariff calc for 2017 that is 96 points, which means technically, just going off UCAS calc I have enough for the uni course I want to do.

Now, problem is, whenever I select the "BTEC Level 3 National Diploma Extended" option it always has "first teaching 2016" on it, so I'm not sure if my award is worth the same as what its listing the current award as.

I have been at work for the past 2 years (will be 3 by the time it comes to the next academic year) on an apprenticeship scheme doing something similar to what I want to study further, how would that stack up in building my points?

UCAS is awfully cryptic and mysterious about all of this, just looking for someone to help crack it for me.
Original post by GetTheWatuh
Hi, was directed here by someone in another thread, figure maybe this place can help

I went to college and completed a BTEC course (Level 3 Extended National Diploma) in 2014, got overall a MMM.

On the UCAS tariff calc for 2017 that is 96 points, which means technically, just going off UCAS calc I have enough for the uni course I want to do.

Now, problem is, whenever I select the "BTEC Level 3 National Diploma Extended" option it always has "first teaching 2016" on it, so I'm not sure if my award is worth the same as what its listing the current award as.

I have been at work for the past 2 years (will be 3 by the time it comes to the next academic year) on an apprenticeship scheme doing something similar to what I want to study further, how would that stack up in building my points?

UCAS is awfully cryptic and mysterious about all of this, just looking for someone to help crack it for me.

Does your apprenticeship give you specific qualifications? But having checked your btec will be worth the same as one teaching from 2016 so you've got 96 points in the bag per say :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Does your apprenticeship give you specific qualifications? But having checked your btec will be worth the same as one teaching from 2016 so you've got 96 points in the bag per say :smile:

Ah, well I'll have to talk to the scheme provider about what my current apprenticeship is worth, but the college course I've done should be more than enough if its still valid. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending