The Student Room Group

Headache after piercing

Hey guys,

So I had my helix pierced yesterday and all night i had pain around the lower part of my head that wouldnt go away. It was so low at first i thought maybe i'd slept strangely on my neck but now i've realised its a headache. Is this normal and will it gradually ease off as my body gets used to the new piercing? Im only asking because it literally kept me awake for most of last night and i can still feel it now.
I wouldn't worry about it too much! I've had loads of piercings done and it is a different experience every time.Everyone reacts differently to piercings and a headache falls well under the normal side effects. Just stay hydrated as to ease up the headache and you should be golden by tomorrow. :smile:
I have the same thing idk how to get it to stop. But it’s in the opposite side of my piercing
You should be fine ! I had my helix done didn’t really have this to be fair Keep an eye on it if it becomes inflamed you get a temperature or it suddenly gets worse and unbearable then just call 111 or gp to be on the safe side take paracetamol keep it clean get well soon
Original post by Tash8790
You should be fine ! I had my helix done didn’t really have this to be fair Keep an eye on it if it becomes inflamed you get a temperature or it suddenly gets worse and unbearable then just call 111 or gp to be on the safe side take paracetamol keep it clean get well soon

I’m not sure it’s been like this off and on for the last couple of days and is also feels like my opposite ear is plugged
You might have perforated an ear drum, maybe I dunno maybe call your gp
It may be infected. Drink antibiotics and clean the piercing often but avoid accidentally moving it
did you ever figure it out or feel better because i got my helix done last night and my headache is super bad and it feels like my ear is plugged

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending