The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea University Freshers Megathread 2016

Results day is just around the corner but this is the place to be on the day and onwards!

A congratulations to those that are going to the university and you can use this thread to say hello to fellow students and discuss how excited you are to begin your fantastic journey!

This thread is yours, take it away

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Swansea uni history course.
Anyone else?
Im not looking forward for results day
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Mechanical engineering with foundation year!

Very excited and at the same time nervous 😆😆

Hope to get to know some people before going to the university.

~H.b9

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Got into Swansea as insurance to do mechanical engineering only did Beng with year in industry as I'm not sure what to do about a postgrad
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Soo, hopefully I will be starting Medical engineering this year, I did a foundation year last year :smile:Fellow Medical Engineers, make yourselves known, I hope im not the only one studying it :/
Got into Genetics! Anyone else?
Reply 6
Congratulations on getting your results today!! I'm studying history and politics! Can't wait to start in September :biggrin: :biggrin:
HIya! Got into Chemical Engineering with a Foundation year. Congrats to everyone who got in! So excited to be starting in September! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Memz95
Soo, hopefully I will be starting Medical engineering this year, I did a foundation year last year :smile:Fellow Medical Engineers, make yourselves known, I hope im not the only one studying it :/

Did you do your foundation year at swansea or elsewhere? How was your experience? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hey, starting the civil engineering course. I cant wait to start!:biggrin:
Reply 10
Hey. I got onto Law and American Studies at Swansea starting in September! Excited to start now, finally get to live by the sea. Any of you staying on Singleton or are hoping to anyway?
Original post by Emothic
Hey. I got onto Law and American Studies at Swansea starting in September! Excited to start now, finally get to live by the sea. Any of you staying on Singleton or are hoping to anyway?

Yes but I don't know where exactly
Original post by Memz95

i'm doing medical engineering with foundation year, what was the foundation year like?
Original post by Blueskyx96
i'm doing medical engineering with foundation year, what was the foundation year like?

all foundation people do the same course.
Got my accommodation offer
Hey guys!I'll be studying Sports And exercise science! Congrats everyone :smile:
Reply 16
Room available at Mirador Crescent, Uplands.
6 Bedrooms , £280 pcm and excellent location particularly if you're studying at Singleton campus.
Tesco express, Sainsburrys, Lloyds bank all within less than 5 min walk.
Currently 3 boys one girl
Large rooms with double beds
Pm for details.
Reply 17
Who is too broke to get a freshers package? Just me!?

Trying to convince my dad to get me the priority, since I think it is with getting than the freshers entry only package.

Who else is having second thoughts on getting them? They are quite expensive in my opinion...

What are your thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by H.b9
Who is too broke to get a freshers package? Just me!?

Trying to convince my dad to get me the priority, since I think it is with getting than the freshers entry only package.

Who else is having second thoughts on getting them? They are quite expensive in my opinion...

What are your thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I bought a priority band because I knew I wanted tickets to ball at the end of the year and I heard they're quite expensive, plus I thought it'd be nice to get priority on other events if I choose to go to any but yes I was quite surprised at the band coatings overall
I agree with getting the priority band as it covers all of freshers, has the varsity package and then the SSB17 at the end of the year, which as already said is pretty expensive in itself.Least then if there are any events you want to go to over others you can just pick and choose later on when it comes to it.Ive spoken to alot of people about it and a majority have gone for the priority band, it all is a bit pricey though:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest