The Student Room Group

I'm a 17 year old boy of Pakistani origin and my parents are too strict

I have just been so depressed lately its all I think about. Down to the point. I'm 17 years old and a male. My parents moved to the UK from Pakistan around 10 years ago so I was quite young when I came here which means I'm more Western than them. But that relate to anything. I'm never allowed out. Its summer and I'm still not allowed out anywhere. All my friends are given freedom just because they are old enough now and boys normally get more freedom anyway and my cousins get same amount of freedom as them but my parents just dont let me out. You dont realise how embarrasing it is trying to explain to my friends that I have to leave a party by 9pm which starts at 7pm. My parents dont treat me like a male who needs to go out rather they treat me like a little kid whos always going to be in his mums and dads shelter. How will i develop manly characteristics if I'm at home always.
I'm not allowed either
Stop being a cry baby😭😭😭
Original post by QashBoy786
I have just been so depressed lately its all I think about. Down to the point. I'm 17 years old and a male. My parents moved to the UK from Pakistan around 10 years ago so I was quite young when I came here which means I'm more Western than them. But that relate to anything. I'm never allowed out. Its summer and I'm still not allowed out anywhere. All my friends are given freedom just because they are old enough now and boys normally get more freedom anyway and my cousins get same amount of freedom as them but my parents just dont let me out. You dont realise how embarrasing it is trying to explain to my friends that I have to leave a party by 9pm which starts at 7pm. My parents dont treat me like a male who needs to go out rather they treat me like a little kid whos always going to be in his mums and dads shelter. How will i develop manly characteristics if I'm at home always.

Mabey they just don't want you out really late? Idk

Posted from TSR Mobile
bro wait till your 20 they just want you to be safe
Reply 4
Sit down and have a frank discussion. If that fails, not much you can do under their roof
tell em to fu*k off
My mum is like that,I'm used to it
Reply 7
As long as you live in their house youre gonna have to obey them :dontknow: i mean theres nothing you can do if they wont budge but you could try convincing them/ talking to them/ doing chores so they'll be more lenient

If you go to a university that's kind of far away that's going to pretty much solve this problem :biggrin:

So just wait it for now and then move into some uni?
Since you're under their roof you're obviously under their rule. A suggestion would be to talk to your cousin's parents, since they're more likely of a similar age to your parents and they may be more willing to listen.

Unfortunately until you're 18, you can't pull the Inman adult card. However you need to make them realise they're treating you like you're in a prison. Could you find a part time job over the summer? That way you'd spend less time at home
Reply 11
I'm never allowed out.

You dont realise how embarrasing it is trying to explain to my friends that I have to leave a party by 9pm which starts at 7pm.

if you're never allowed out how do you manage to be at a party for 2 hours?

don't worry, won't be long until you're married off to your cousin and hopefully then you will be free to make your own decisions in life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending