The Student Room Group

Why don’t I get as much male attention compared to my friends?

I’m 17 years old (18 in august) and I’m 5’10/5’11 in height. Genuinely, I think I’m pretty. Not like model pretty but relatively pretty. I do have one feature which I really hate but I’m planning on sorting that out by the summer (nose filler).
I’m also NOT white. I’m brown and I’m from a white dominant area and go to a white dominant school.
I’m not sure if it’s because I’m brown (I’m light skinned brown like Pakistani colour) or if it’s because im a giant in height and most boys are shorter than me but I don’t get that many boys attention. Some guys think I’m 6 foot for gods sake it’s so bad because most boys are shorter than me.
tbh 5 boys in total have told me they liked me (this has happened more within the last year) and I can tell that some other guys in class like talking to me as when they’re talking to their friend who sits next to me, they’re always making eye contact with me.
But for some reason I still don’t get that much attention compared to my white Friends. Icl I do not go out of the house AT ALL. I don’t go shopping and I have no social life because my parents don’t let me out. However my white friends are all 18 and go to clubs and have kissed so many guys at the clubs while they’re drunk.
I don’t know why I’m feeling so left out. Tbh I don’t really care as I’m focusing on my alevels and getting all A*s, but I’m wondering why boys don’t really ask for my number etc.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I’m 17 years old (18 in august) and I’m 5’10/5’11 in height. Genuinely, I think I’m pretty. Not like model pretty but relatively pretty. I do have one feature which I really hate but I’m planning on sorting that out by the summer (nose filler).
I’m also NOT white. I’m brown and I’m from a white dominant area and go to a white dominant school.
I’m not sure if it’s because I’m brown (I’m light skinned brown like Pakistani colour) or if it’s because im a giant in height and most boys are shorter than me but I don’t get that many boys attention. Some guys think I’m 6 foot for gods sake it’s so bad because most boys are shorter than me.
tbh 5 boys in total have told me they liked me (this has happened more within the last year) and I can tell that some other guys in class like talking to me as when they’re talking to their friend who sits next to me, they’re always making eye contact with me.
But for some reason I still don’t get that much attention compared to my white Friends. Icl I do not go out of the house AT ALL. I don’t go shopping and I have no social life because my parents don’t let me out. However my white friends are all 18 and go to clubs and have kissed so many guys at the clubs while they’re drunk.
I don’t know why I’m feeling so left out. Tbh I don’t really care as I’m focusing on my alevels and getting all A*s, but I’m wondering why boys don’t really ask for my number etc.

Do the guys realise that you have parental restrictions and therefore don't bother asking you out?
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Do the guys realise that you have parental restrictions and therefore don't bother asking you out?

I mean, the guy who I was absolutely in love with knew, and that’s why he didn’t move any further.
There was a rumour that went round about me only liking white guys, which isn’t true. The rumour started cuz I rejected a brown guy when he told me he liked me. Which isn’t true, I love brown guys.
Also, during my frees at school, while my friends are hanging out with boys, I’m always studying with my music in so I don’t get distracted
Original post by Anonymous #1
I mean, the guy who I was absolutely in love with knew, and that’s why he didn’t move any further.
There was a rumour that went round about me only liking white guys, which isn’t true. The rumour started cuz I rejected a brown guy when he told me he liked me. Which isn’t true, I love brown guys.
Also, during my frees at school, while my friends are hanging out with boys, I’m always studying with my music in so I don’t get distracted

Well, that's a large part of the answer right there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending