The Student Room Group

Don't know what A-levels to take?

Hi everyone,
I'm planning on taking psychology, travel and tourism, health and social care, and business. For my career I am thinking of being a nurse or a psychologist.

I'm not sure about health and social care as I took it in gcses and thought my coursework was really good, at a grade A. But then I find out it only just scraped a C. I don't really like the teacher and luckily I will have someone else teaching me for 75% of the time. I'm not passionate about it and I don't know what else I could take instead? My brother advises me to take biology as he did his a-levels and did extremely well. However I only like human biology and I hate the fact I will have to learn about plant biology. I'm worried if I take it, I will fail it as I didn't do triple science.

This is a really long post sorry, but can somebody give me advice please. :smile:
Reply 1
Bump
Hey, if you'd like to do Psychology at Uni I'd strongly recommend doing a science subject (preferably biology) or maths, as most UNIs require at least one of these, and it'd improve your chances of getting in. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest