The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy NFL Thread 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wattsy
One of them leagues where you can clock 200 points and lose? All of that random bonus crap would drive me mad, imagine being on 102 yards in garbage time and instead of going victory formation the idiot OC calls a run which results in a TFL. I remember someone on twitter losing a matchup by .1 of a point because Matt Ryan kneeled instead of running a play to end the game, that stress is multiplied if you suddenly lose 20 damn points over it.

Yeah every winner this week got more than 200 points and in the 10 games played so far the lowest scoring winner has had 185. Forte got a cool 70 points this week, and his owner had the 4th highest scoring team. I just grabbed Enunwa off waivers because I'm so short at receiver, but he's been a PPR beast so I'm hopeful. Also I'm so short at WR because I drafted thinking there was a normal flex, but actually the flex is WR/TE. So I drafted expecting to use a RB at flex, but now I pretty much have to start 4 WRs every week.

It's not all bad. Laveon Bell fell to the third round which is what redefined my draft strategy. Basically in both leagues I'm relying on Josh Gordon now. I'm not sure why past me thought Kevin White was such a good pick.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 201
Due to never having decent waiver priority I'm seeking a trade. I'll give up Jeremy Maclin (KC's #1 receiver and a good Fantasy #2 for a solid RB2/Flex candidate. I think my wideouts are deep enough to cope but once Jamaal Charles is back I'm going to lose much of Spencer Ware's utility.
It looks like ap is out for the season, my 11th round pick now looks like a good one.

As well as Matt Kalil lt
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy
Due to never having decent waiver priority I'm seeking a trade. I'll give up Jeremy Maclin (KC's #1 receiver and a good Fantasy #2 for a solid RB2/Flex candidate. I think my wideouts are deep enough to cope but once Jamaal Charles is back I'm going to lose much of Spencer Ware's utility.

Is there an eta on when Charles will be back? because i kinda need him. I may have failed to check the news on the day we drafted and didnt know he was injured until it was mentioned after i drafted him, and didnt know to handcuff Ware until you already had him
Reply 204
Original post by Monkey_Pete
Is there an eta on when Charles will be back? because i kinda need him. I may have failed to check the news on the day we drafted and didnt know he was injured until it was mentioned after i drafted him, and didnt know to handcuff Ware until you already had him

I think he'll be on a snap count by week 4. I don't think he'll be playing this week even though he probably could. They obviously don't want to take a chance with him, he's too dynamic a player.
Original post by Wattsy

I think with langford, gordon and miller, 3 decent running backs you seem to be set for RB for a while
Original post by Wattsy
I think he'll be on a snap count by week 4. I don't think he'll be playing this week even though he probably could. They obviously don't want to take a chance with him, he's too dynamic a player.

I have been thinking about it, and subject to there being no injuries between now and Tuesday, i would probably be willing to trade Blount (number 9 RB so far) for either Mike Evans (No 9 WR) or AJ Green (No 13 WR)
Reply 207
I have been thinking about it, and subject to there being no injuries between now and Tuesday, i would probably be willing to trade Blount (number 9 RB so far) for either Mike Evans (No 9 WR) or AJ Green (No 13 WR)

Yeah I'm not entertaining that trade I'm afraid. The Pats run game will become less important when Brady returns, Blount's carries will decrease and he'll be touchdown dependent. Regardless of point tallies in week 2 AJ Green is a top 5 wideout in the NFL. Evans is Jameis' #1 target and probably a top 20 receiver in the league. Blount represents no value against these people. In fantasy terms he's a flex which you're asking for a #1 or 1.5 receiver for.*
Original post by Wattsy
Yeah I'm not entertaining that trade I'm afraid. The Pats run game will become less important when Brady returns, Blount's carries will decrease and he'll be touchdown dependent. Regardless of point tallies in week 2 AJ Green is a top 5 wideout in the NFL. Evans is Jameis' #1 target and probably a top 20 receiver in the league. Blount represents no value against these people. In fantasy terms he's a flex which you're asking for a #1 or 1.5 receiver for.*

That seems fair. Blount is probably going to be a top ten RB for weeks 4/5 then be questionable flex play for the rest of the season. I thought i would make an offer as Blount is currently riding high and no-one else seems to be entertaining any trades. There is always the risk that one of the players gets injured and doesn't play. I am now glad my offers for Peterson were rejected in both this league and my secondary league.

I have AJ Green in my secondary league, but benching him against the Broncos. I anticipate that he will bounce back up weeks 4-8
Any last minute drops/pick ups for people this week in light of all the injuries?
What should I do about Ameer Abdullah?

Hope Rawls gets some game time
Original post by Kenan and Kel
What should I do about Ameer Abdullah?

Hope Rawls gets some game time

The move to make for Abdullah is nothing unfortunately (other than bench him). Probably drop him as he can't play for the next 8 weeks. Riddick is likely to get more snaps (but Motorbiker drafted him). There are suggestions that Dawyne Washington will take Abdullah's place, touted by a few as this years David Johnson (hype train), but i already picked him up on Wednesday.

Other high risk, high upside RB which are still available in our league (when i last looked) include Kenyan Drake (starter for Miami against the Browns), or Orleans Darkwa who is expected to be first/second downs RB at the Giants with Jennings confirmed out, sharing carries with Vereen who will probably get the third down/redzone targets. Both the Giants RBs are still available after i dropped Vereen earlier in the week thinking Jennings would play
Had to drop walker, only checked 5 mins ago and realised. Gone for a straight swap, fasano should take the bulk of the TE snaps and we know Mariota loves a TE
The move to make for Abdullah is nothing unfortunately (other than bench him). Probably drop him as he can't play for the next 8 weeks. Riddick is likely to get more snaps (but Motorbiker drafted him). There are suggestions that Dawyne Washington will take Abdullah's place, touted by a few as this years David Johnson (hype train), but i already picked him up on Wednesday.

Other high risk, high upside RB which are still available in our league (when i last looked) include Kenyan Drake (starter for Miami against the Browns), or Orleans Darkwa who is expected to be first/second downs RB at the Giants with Jennings confirmed out, sharing carries with Vereen who will probably get the third down/redzone targets. Both the Giants RBs are still available after i dropped Vereen earlier in the week thinking Jennings would play

Vereen got one of the first TD in the games today, i was correct in my prediction, but probably incorrect to drop him
danielle hunter likes to score points td week 1 safety this week

Darkwa has got TD now, my predictions are looking good
And now a special teams td my defence is racking up points this year
My bench has got the second best scoring WR so far, and i dropped the third best earlier in the week...
My bench has got the second best scoring WR so far, and i dropped the third best earlier in the week...

I believe the highest scoring wr is on mine
Original post by joecphillips
I believe the highest scoring wr is on mine

At the time i wrote that post it was Nelson, Marvin Jones and Desean Jackson (who might now be injured), so you could be right :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest