The Student Room Group

Financial Mathematics or Computer Science?

Please help I honestly can't decide, I got a B in alevel mathematics (very close to an A) and I'm stuck between studying maths with finance or computer science at Kent. I would enjoy both subjects equally but I honestly can't decide which would be a better choice, I'm worried that if I choose Financial maths I won't be able to get into a tech job when I'm older but at the same time I do enjoy mathematics enough that I'd miss it if the computer science doesn't contain enough Mathematics... Seeing as I got a B in maths, would it be a bad choice to go for anything maths related anyway?
Original post by ThatExamWas
Please help I honestly can't decide, I got a B in alevel mathematics (very close to an A) and I'm stuck between studying maths with finance or computer science at Kent. I would enjoy both subjects equally but I honestly can't decide which would be a better choice, I'm worried that if I choose Financial maths I won't be able to get into a tech job when I'm older but at the same time I do enjoy mathematics enough that I'd miss it if the computer science doesn't contain enough Mathematics... Seeing as I got a B in maths, would it be a bad choice to go for anything maths related anyway?

It's really important that you pick the subject that you love the most so that you enjoy your time at uni and excel in it. But if you really want a tech role CS might be a better option. Have you looked to see if you can do any maths modules within the CS degree? That would be worth doing?

Quick Reply

Latest