The Student Room Group

The Current Year 12 thread 2016-2017

Welcome to the official Year 12 Thread! (2016-2017) :bigsmile::borat::bunny::clap2::dance::elefant::excited:

*grabs an old school microphone descending from the ceiling*

Students! We're going to embark on a journey like we have never experienced! The first year of the A-levels :work:! The jump may seem big to some of you from the GCSEs that we did, but show no fear! Fence with them, en garde and riposte! :fight:

Now time to tell us who you are. :hello:

- Introduce yourself
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What subjects are you planning to take?
- Your favourite subject(s)?
- Your ideal future occupation? :smartass:

Future Oxbridge applicants:

Cambridge - @ColossalAtom, @CyberJake, @Mahrez, @emi.hopkins, @TSlayerr, @enidblytonlife, @MezmorisedPotato, @CloakedSpartan, @metellaest, @drapplepilot, @Enigmatically, @emmald583, @hxfsxh, @DamnDaniel2, @Banana00

Oxford - @kennethdcharles, @Elliwhi

(Let me know if one of these is your trajectory, then I'll add you there. Also feel free to recommend some I haven't added on yet)

Aspiring medical doctor(s): @ColossalAtom, , @drapplepilot, @nisha.sri, @Fractite, @snoamdaila, @abbi.rebecca, @starstudent7, @MezmorisedPotato, @homeland.lsw, @Elliwhi

Aspiring lawyer(s): @LieutenantJ, @cherryblossoming, @lonyeka, @sahil19, @Juedjegfewo, @hxfsxh

Aspiring banker(s): @AdeptDz, @DamnDaniel2

Aspiring physicist(s): @kennethdcharles

Aspiring engineer(s): @Mahrez, @sfairy27, @Chemgawd99, @ElMcDonald, @enidblytonlife

Aspiring dentist(s): @icy_typhoon, @sulaimanali

Aspiring teacher(s): @lozza_X, @amybmth, @Jazzy_j_, @NiamhM1801, @CharmingCat, @AlevelBiologist

Aspiring computer developer(s): @Vyres, @shirleydongj, @CyberJake, @Lelanor, @Waveyalex, @CloakedSpartan

Aspiring veterinarian(s): @Edosawr

Aspiring actor(s)/actresses(s): @sulaimanali

Some bits of this was stolen from @JTran38 year 11 thread.

I'm always continuously editing.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I'm Megan
I don't really have any hobbies as such but I enjoy baking occasionally and I have a little brother so he takes up most of my time.
I'm planning on taking English language, German, Maths and Geography.
I have several routes I could possibly go down and they're all very different but primary teaching is my main goal, meteorology and the German language interest me too so I'm still undecided at the moment.

Looking forward to seeing this thread become more active!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I'm Evie. Starting A-Levels in college soon
Studying: Media Studies (WJEC), Fine Art (AQA), Drama and Theatre Studies (Edexcel)
Hobbies: Gaming, drawing, generally just creative stuff
I hope to get into something in advertising or media. I love it so much.

GCSE Grades:
Media Studies - B
Drama - C
Art - C
Geography - D (We'll never mention this again, Okay?)
Physics - C
Chemistry - B
Biology - B
Maths - B
English Language - B
English Literature - A

College given Target:
CCC (Based on GCSE results)

My self given target:
ABB (At least)

December mocks:
Drama and Theatre Studies: C
Fine Art: C
Media Studies: awaiting results from teacher

Actual Grades:

Coming 17th August
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mlb37
Hey! I'm Megan
I don't really have any hobbies as such but I enjoy baking occasionally and I have a little brother so he takes up most of my time.
I'm planning on taking English language, German, Maths and Geography.
I have several routes I could possibly go down and they're all very different but primary teaching is my main goal, meteorology and the German language interest me too so I'm still undecided at the moment.

Looking forward to seeing this thread become more active!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't got my results yet :frown:
Reply 4
Hey guys :smile:

Hope you get the results you want next week!
Original post by ColossalAtom
Welcome to the official Year 12 Thread! (2016-2017)

*grabs an old school microphone descending from the ceiling*

Students! We're going to embark on a journey like we have never experienced! The first year of the A-levels! The jump may seem big to some of you from the GCSEs that we did, but show no fear! Fence with them, en garde and riposte!

Now time to tell us who you are.

- Introduce yourself
- Your ideal future occupation?

I will edit this later to make it proper crisp.

Introduce yourself
Hi, My name is Rebecca and I'm 16, My personality type is an Advocate personality which are very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, more info here
What are your hobbies and interests?
Dancing, fangirling, reading manga, watching anime
What subjects are you planning to take?
Health and Social Care, Sociology and Graphics
Your favorite subject(s)
Geography, Graphics and Dance
Your ideal future occupation?
Midwifery
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey everyone! :biggrin:
I'm Tom and I love to play video games such as CSGO (GN3 rank), call of duty. I also love to play football. I am interested in science and fitness. I'm planning to take A level Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths (These are my favourite subjects). I really want to be a founder and CEO of a successful company when I'm older.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TSlayerr
I'm Tom and I love to play video games such as CSGO (GN3 rank), call of duty. I also love to play football. I am interested in science and fitness. I'm planning to take A level Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths (These are my favourite subjects). I really want to be a founder and CEO of a successful company when I'm older.

Whats your K/D on cod?
Hey! I'm starting my A Levels at my school's sixth form in September and in my GCSEs I achieved 2 A*, 8 A, 1 B :hoppy:
I know this is really bad but I don't feel like I have many hobbies. I'm just always studying for school, but I do like gaming, graphic design and procrastinating on the internet like any other teenager.

Biology, Geography and Chemistry OR Psychology.

I quite enjoy the Sciences now and they have really grown on me over the GCSE period. I also love Geography, and that is one of the only subjects I can see myself doing at University. I also quite like Maths reflecting back on it but I would never take it at A Level lol.

I'm really not sure. What I want to do in the future has really been playing on my mind. It's hard to pin point a career aspiration because you have to balance out all the different elements of a career e.g. pay, progression, if it's rewarding or not etc. I do like the idea of doing something in the medical field, but I doubt I could get into med school lol. I also have thoughts about being a lawyer or therapist of some sort.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nuggetsarelife
Whats your K/D on cod?

0.92 but I mostly mess around.
Doesn't it feel weird that we're going into a new life?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Introduce yourself

Hey everyone! My name's Surina and I'm starting Sixth Form next year to study A Levels. :h:
GCSE results: (9A* and an A)
- Biology (AQA): A*
- Chemistry (AQA): A*
- Physics (AQA): A*
- Maths (AQA B): A*
- English Lit (AQA): A*
- English Lang (AQA): A*
- History (AQA B): A
- Computing (OCR): A*
- French (AQA iGCSE): A*
- Spanish (AQA iGCSE): A*

I don't have as many hobbies now but I am currently learning Grade 8 piano. I want to get into more sports and stuff but feel like Year 12 is kinda a bad time to start :biggrin: :colondollar:

I will be studying Biology, Chemistry, Maths & FM all to A2.

Your favourite subject(s)?

I honestly cannot choose between Bio, Chem and Maths. I love them all so much (maybe Maths just edges it?) which is why I want to study them further :tongue:

Really conflicted at the moment. I like the idea of so many different career paths. My main ambition is to study medicine and either work as a GP or in A&E. However, this dream could easily change as I am also interested in Maths, Natural Sciences and Biochemistry/Biomedicine :colondollar: Year 12 is going to be so scary because it is basically the year where we have to decide what we want to study in order to make a solid application :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
0.92 but I mostly mess around.

Haha noob 😉 Trust me when i say yr 7 - yr 11 will become soooo irrelevant when u go yr12, i dont even acknowledge the youngers anymore, also revise on day 1, AS is ****ing painful
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nuggetsarelife
Haha noob 😉 Trust me when i say yr 7 - yr 11 will become soooo irrelevant when u go yr12, i dont even acknowledge the youngers anymore, also revise on day 1, AS is ****ing painful

I've already started revising XD
Introduce yourself

Hi, my name is Jennifer. Hopefully I'll be at sixth form in 13 days doing my A-Levels.

I'm interested in a lot of stuff so I don't know where to start so I'll just say typical stuff I'm into. Singing, dancing, drawing (every now and then), gaming (idc the Sims counts) and listening to music.

English Literature, History, Economics & Classical Civilisations.

English Literature - I'm good at it and I like dissecting things and discovering hidden messages. I also kind of like how things are open to interpretation even though that can make it harder to figure out what to do sometimes.
History - Again, I'm good at it and it's nice to know why the world is the way it is - we think it's bad now but that's just how it usually is. History is also easier to revise for me because it's somewhat entertaining.

I want to be a successful lawyer with a lot of money (or at least enough to invest in multiple businesses) so that I can retire early and live large.

:five:
Reply 17
Guess i'll join in :smile:

Hey! like all you i'mabout to take my a levels. Hobbies of mine include gaming (anything really so long as it's good), sports (football/NFL), music and also memes if that counts.

I'm planning to take Maths, Further maths, Physics and Geography for A levels and i'm eventually wanting to do something such as physics and astrophysics as i've always had an interest in that subject.

Nice to meet all of you, hope the year ahead goes well for us all:h:
Introduce yourself
I'm Ethan, I'm 16 and I live in the South-East of England

I enjoy video games, mainly fps and horror games because I'm also a bit of an adrenaline junkie which means I also like things like scary movies and rollercoasters.

I'm planning to take Politics, History, Sociology and Physics

Physics and History

To be honest, I'm not really sure :colondollar:
- Introduce yourself
Hello, I'm from London and currently awaiting my gcse results, I will be staying at my sixth form if I get what I need

Football, maths, music production, and gaming

Maths, further maths, economics, biology

Maths and biology

Banker

Posted from TSR Mobile