The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Agghhhh so stressed!!! Just feeling like I've got rock bottom at the worst possible time with exams in a few weeks!!
Original post by Kxjzh
Agghhhh so stressed!!! Just feeling like I've got rock bottom at the worst possible time with exams in a few weeks!!

I feel ya. My stress levels are so high right now :frown:
Original post by crzychocluver

It's just awful isn't it! I don't know what to do to cope any more
Original post by crzychocluver

Original post by Kxjzh
It's just awful isn't it! I don't know what to do to cope any more

I know how you both feel! I'm terrified for these exams. They're stressing me out.
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
I know how you both feel! I'm terrified for these exams. They're stressing me out.

Yes!! What exams do you have?
Original post by Kxjzh
Yes!! What exams do you have?

I've had 3 already, back in March and beginning of April but my next ones are 15th May for Drama theory and 18th May for Media theory :redface:

You?
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
I've had 3 already, back in March and beginning of April but my next ones are 15th May for Drama theory and 18th May for Media theory :redface:

You?

Ouch! How did they go?

I've got four - biology AS on the 25th of May, and the 6th of June, and then health and social on the 24th of May, and the 7th of June!!
Original post by yascherie
Can't believe I haven't discovered this thread sooner! Better late than never, I guess :flutter:
I'm Yasmine, a fellow Year 12 / lower year sixth former. I reside in West London. My hobbies encompass pretty much anything artistic ranging from drawing to creative writing to painting to theater. Alongside that, I enjoy playing the piano (non-graded, it's just a pastime) and my favourite sport is basketball.
I take Maths, English Lit, History and Economics, all Edexcel. I'm planning on carrying all my options onto Year 13 as well as picking up Further Maths and Art (but I'm only permitted to pick up Art as an AS because I didn't do it as a GCSE).
My dream university is Stanford therefore I'm also sitting the ACT exam (American college entry exam)... aaaand my ideal job is an animator at Pixar :colondollar: but it's a pipe-dream, so I'd say I'm currently on track to do Law.

Hi Yasmine!:smile: I'm also a year 12 student who does AS maths but ocr instead.
How's it going so far? I used to do piano graded exams but gave up after a while when i figured out it takes a helluva practice and dedication to it.
Original post by Kxjzh
Ouch! How did they go?

I've got four - biology AS on the 25th of May, and the 6th of June, and then health and social on the 24th of May, and the 7th of June!!

They went okay! Just got to revise for the other two now. Good luck on all those!
Anyone doing IAL here tho? All I see is people who are doing the UK version of it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haven't been here since ages!

Original post by Kxjzh
health and social on the 24th of May, and the 7th of June!!

Same! Do you think you're ready?
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone have AQA law 16th may and 19th may?

Or health and social care 24th may??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rebeccael28
Or health and social care 24th may??
Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think you're ready?
Original post by Starlight15
Do you think you're ready?

No! Got mock paper back and got distinction though however! Are you doing this exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No! Got mock paper back and got distinction though however! Are you doing this exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

me neither but i haven't got my mock results yet
me neither but i haven't got my mock results yet

What are your weaknesses??

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are your weaknesses??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably learning the key works such as self image self esteem etc and learning the different roles in health and social care

My strength is definitely Human Development and learning the PIES I find infancy to be the most interesting one

I remember after doing the mock exam for unit 1 my hands we're hurting there's so much writing to do compared to unit 2

Are you doing Edexcel (BTEC)?
Probably learning the key works such as self image self esteem etc and learning the different roles in health and social care

My strength is definitely Human Development and learning the PIES I find infancy to be the most interesting one

I remember after doing the mock exam for unit 1 my hands we're hurting there's so much writing to do compared to unit 2

Are you doing Edexcel (BTEC)?

Ahhh I'm the opposite to your weaknesses! I find theories e.g. Bowlby Chomsky Schaffer and Emerson and the social disengagement theory and activity theory difficult!!

I only have one unit! (Human lifespan development)

I'm not sure but it's Pearson BTEC level 3 nationals

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahhh I'm the opposite to your weaknesses! I find theories e.g. Bowlby Chomsky Schaffer and Emerson and the social disengagement theory and activity theory difficult!!

I only have one unit! (Human lifespan development)

I'm not sure but it's Pearson BTEC level 3 nationals

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool we have the same exam board

Bowlby and chomsky I get but never learnt about Schaffer and Emerson and the social disengagement theory and activity theory

Do you know Piaget's theory?
Cool we have the same exam board

Bowlby and chomsky I get but never learnt about Schaffer and Emerson and the social disengagement theory and activity theory

Do you know Piaget's theory?

Schaffer and Emerson is stages of attachment and social disengagement theory & activity theory is all about ageing process (section C)

Yes we've learnt about Piaget!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest