The Student Room Group

AS levels

Hi all,
I received my AS level results yesterday and achieved BCD in the subjects i wish to continue to next year. However in law, in which i received a B, I was 1 and 3 marks respectively off an A grade. Also in politics, in which i received a C, i also got a high B in one module, yet messed up the other paper to the extent of which i got a D. In maths, i somehow managed to mess up every paper, getting a D on each paper even though i thought i did reasonably well on two of the papers and can only think that i made some stupid mistakes on them. Sorry for the paragraph but i was wondering what my options were regarding applying to university to study law as the grades required are above what i have got, and how could i convince my teachers to make higher predicted grades?
Original post by Rory_Ewan
Hi all,
I received my AS level results yesterday and achieved BCD in the subjects i wish to continue to next year. However in law, in which i received a B, I was 1 and 3 marks respectively off an A grade. Also in politics, in which i received a C, i also got a high B in one module, yet messed up the other paper to the extent of which i got a D. In maths, i somehow managed to mess up every paper, getting a D on each paper even though i thought i did reasonably well on two of the papers and can only think that i made some stupid mistakes on them. Sorry for the paragraph but i was wondering what my options were regarding applying to university to study law as the grades required are above what i have got, and how could i convince my teachers to make higher predicted grades?

When it comes to persuading teachers, it's first about actually learning how you can get the extra marks, what you think you could improve on or do extra to secure those extra marks in an exam - this may involve reflecting on your revision techniques as well as what happened in the exam, if you felt like anything could have gone better. Not always easy to do, I know.

So do that and then make it clear that you've changed to your teachers, and ask them about how to get those top marks, do as well as you can in the early assignments and hope they predict you high enough.

Quick Reply

Latest