The Student Room Group

Keele Medicine Entry 2017

Scroll to see replies

To anyone that has had a interview, what time does the interview finish and is their anywhere to put ur bags during the MMI's?

Thanks.
Original post by Hellomynameis..
To anyone that has had a interview, what time does the interview finish and is their anywhere to put ur bags during the MMI's?

Thanks.

It depends on what time your interview is. If it's in the morning slot you have to wait until the afternoon candidates get there to do the maths test, as you do it all together, so finish about 1:45. I was in the first half of the afternoon slot so we finished around 3 to half 3, and the second half should finish at about 5.
When you do the MMI, everyone puts their bags in a room together and the door is locked.
Hope that helps!
Original post by TweetyBird
It depends on what time your interview is. If it's in the morning slot you have to wait until the afternoon candidates get there to do the maths test, as you do it all together, so finish about 1:45. I was in the first half of the afternoon slot so we finished around 3 to half 3, and the second half should finish at about 5.
When you do the MMI, everyone puts their bags in a room together and the door is locked.
Hope that helps!

Thank u very much
Reply 383
Just called Keele and they said that all interviews have been given out for february dates, however, there are loads of interviews left to be given out for march dates as final interview date is 27th March and you may not even hear back till mid march.
Anyone received an offer yet? :h:
Just got an interview- 1st March

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an interview for 1st march today 😊
Reply 387
Interview! 1st of March
Reply 388
Anyone who's had an interview: do they have your personal statement in the 'why medicine' station? Or is it a separate station?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everybody! I'm an Italian student and I have an interview for 1st of March.

I have a few questions about the MMI: are there many role-play stations or is it mainly about standard panel-interview style questions?
Are we supposed to have any knowledge in history of medicine or current issues in the medical field?
Is it feasible for someone who is a non-native speaker, as I have read that they also score your communication skills... I mean do they take into account the fact that foreigners and native speakers don't have the same level of fluency?

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance
Hope that helps!

Hi, I'm just wondering what you do between the maths test and interview if you are in the later afternoon slot? Do they give you a tour/talk or are you allowed to do as you please?
Reply 391
Reply 392
do keele take into account the r&r form when making offers or just interview performance?
INTERVIEW 2ND MARCH

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 394
Is role play hard I'm really worried about it ?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interview! 2nd March
Original post by Jesslouise1996
Hi, I'm just wondering what you do between the maths test and interview if you are in the later afternoon slot? Do they give you a tour/talk or are you allowed to do as you please?

I think the tour was at half 12, but you only go around the medical school. After your maths test your free to go around the uni, or do whatever you like, but its not as part of a guided tour. Just make sure your back on time :smile:

For everyone that is asking about the interview including MMI's and role play an we can't say anything, inclusive of how hard it was or what's involved in each section, and outside knowledge.
Congratulations everyone for your interviews!! Does anyone have any tips on how to revise for the maths test? I'm having difficulty with finishing on time. :frown:
I think the tour was at half 12, but you only go around the medical school. After your maths test your free to go around the uni, or do whatever you like, but its not as part of a guided tour. Just make sure your back on time :smile:

For everyone that is asking about the interview including MMI's and role play an we can't say anything, inclusive of how hard it was or what's involved in each section, and outside knowledge.

Thank you:smile:
Just got my pre-interview rejection, graduate applicant with 1st in MSci Neuroscience, soon a PhD (hopefully) and a 710 UKCAT. I have two years of volunteering (1 feeding lunch/providing company on wards, 1 as first aider) and 2 weeks of work experience, but I think I was let down in the R+R form particularly by not having much experience showing a higher level of responsibility in helping an individual person consistently over a long period of time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending