The Student Room Group

A2 German Students (2016-2017) (mostly AQA)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Based on the UCAS 2018 search tool (map view) I think only 4 places do Czech wow.

Sheffield :smile: [hopefully]
Original post by Inexorably
Lmao thank you, yes I am a little bit crazy.

Russian and Czech :tongue:

That's a nice combination! If you don't mind answering how come you chose those languages? Are your folks Czech or sth? :smile:
Reply 242
Original post by lalrggerezza
That's a nice combination! If you don't mind answering how come you chose those languages? Are your folks Czech or sth? :smile:

It's a mysteryyyyyYYyYy

No I mean the main motivation behind Russian was that it seemed to be very significant in terms of literary works and I want to be able to read the works in their original language, also it sounds and looks cool. And Czech well, Czech just sounds <3 and Czechia seems like an idyllic place to live.

I don't really have strong motivations for learning them I guess, they just kinda caught my eye. Same thing with German really and here I am 2 yrs later.
Original post by Inexorably
It's a mysteryyyyyYYyYy

No I mean the main motivation behind Russian was that it seemed to be very significant in terms of literary works and I want to be able to read the works in their original language, also it sounds and looks cool. And Czech well, Czech just sounds <3 and Czechia seems like an idyllic place to live.

I don't really have strong motivations for learning them I guess, they just kinda caught my eye. Same thing with German really and here I am 2 yrs later.

Wait, you only picked up German last year? Nice job!
Reply 244
I did it at GCSE but it was a very long time ago and I got a D in it, so yeah I pretty much started from the beginning when I did AS Level and.. yeah lmfaooo

It did help me a bit though, cuase I was so worried I'd be behind everyone else I worked really hard and then ended up getting an A at AS so... i was a bit... shocked lmao
Is there any chance we could all put together an unofficial mark scheme?
Reply 246
Original post by Moll898
Is there any chance we could all put together an unofficial mark scheme?

I did make a thread and we tried but it was very hard. If you browse this thread you'll find some of the answers we've suggested but not all as we have memories like sieves :tongue:
did anyone do the OCR German A2 exam? Was it just me who found that paper really hard?
Reply 248
so how did everyone do?
Original post by mp1998
so how did everyone do?

Got an A at AS AQA German. Very happy :biggrin:
Reply 250
Forgot about this thread! What a wild year guys and it's all finally over :biggrin:

Original post by mp1998
so how did everyone do?

I got an A woo! I think 7 marks off an A* which is fine because if it were like 2 marks I'd be raging. My oral in A2 was also very close to an A grade which is much better than AS in which I only just scraped a B.

I got accepted into Sheffield and will be off there to study German, Russian and Czech from 25th September :biggrin:

How about you?!

Original post by JackPorter18
Got an A at AS AQA German. Very happy :biggrin:

Congratulations! That's amazing :biggrin: Best of luck with A2.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mp1998
so how did everyone do?

I got an A!

I'm so happy, since I thought I really screwed up my A2 paper. Turns out I got a B in the paper, only a few marks off an A! :smile:
I also got an A I got an A* in the oral but a B in the exam but still I am extremely happy!! Still can't get over the fact that the grade boundaries were higher than last year despite a much harder paper 🤔
Reply 253
Original post by greentron6
I got an A!

I'm so happy, since I thought I really screwed up my A2 paper. Turns out I got a B in the paper, only a few marks off an A! :smile:

Original post by Anna1909
I also got an A I got an A* in the oral but a B in the exam but still I am extremely happy!! Still can't get over the fact that the grade boundaries were higher than last year despite a much harder paper 🤔

Congrats to you both as well! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending