The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have done plenty of times. I don't just go to the pub and drink water all night. There have been a few times when I've been out with my housemates and I've had a beer and then because I am on a diet and trying to save money I would get water if I was thirsty after that. I refuse to pay stupid amounts for coke in pubs. If I don't want an alcoholic drink then I will ask for water.
Reply 21
Tom
^^

It is sensible to keep yourself hydrated when under the influence of ecstasy. You knew exactly what I meant. Correct me if I'm wrong Mr. Self-righteous, I take it you feel it is not "sensible" to take an intoxicating substance?

Trying to demean me won't make you feel better about it.

And no, I don't in the case of ecstasy.
Reply 22
I have.
...but only when I'm really drunk and get the idea into my head that water will magically make me better.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
I order water when i go down the pub, but's that only because i can't drink coke, or alcohol (my ban is going real good.. almost 8 months)

Do get a few weird looks. and 'ehh.. you want a pint of water?'..

:frown:

It's not that bad.. :p:
Reply 25
.Andrew.
I order water when i go down the pub, but's that only because i can't drink coke, or alcohol (my ban is going real good.. almost 8 months)

Do get a few weird looks. and 'ehh.. you want a pint of water?'..

:frown:

It's not that bad.. :p:

I bet it is. Behind the counter they probably have your picture and under it '****ty tightarse customer DONT SERVE' :p:
Reply 26
Sausage
I bet it is. Behind the counter they probably have your picture and under it '****ty tightarse customer DONT SERVE' :p:

Wouldn't surprise me, either that or it says: 'be sure to over charge this punk when he orders water.. the wimp'...

:biggrin:

Pub tap water makes me sick.. :puke:
Reply 27
.Andrew.
Wouldn't surprise me, either that or it says: 'be sure to over charge this punk when he orders water.. the wimp'...

:biggrin:

Pub tap water makes me sick.. :puke:

It's probably because they have spat in it mate :p:
Reply 28
Sausage
It's probably because they have spat in it mate :p:

Probably.. Dirty fools. Them wetherspoon bar people hate me.

I will be the reason they go bust. :cool:
Reply 29
SuperDaz
I'm surprised you wouldn't want pineapple juice at every oppurtunity :p:

I have water when incompetent pubs don't have pineapple juice in stock, on it's own not mixed with anything or sparkling, or when they don't sell it at all!:eek4:
I prefer orange juice, but I would assume water is cheaper so if I was low on funds then ordering water would sound good to me!
I dont go to the pub just to get a drink of water but quite often (usually later on into the evening) i do order a pint of water... but i dont think theres anything wrong with it.
Especially if you're burning up after popping a pill or two.

Stick to smarties ;yes;
Reply 33
What is the point in this thread? If you wanted water, why wouldn't you order it?
Reply 34
To be fair Nessy, I think a lot of people, like myself, are conscious of ordering water because of what others might think.

I have toyed with the idea myself, but admittedly I stick to pints of lager because I think it makes me look more like a man (aye right) - not that I binge drink or anything like that. (6 is about my limit :redface: )

Admittedly, I should have a drink of water between pints or some form of food to soak up some of the alcohol but I don't.
Balls to those who look down on you for ordering water. That's what I say.
i did it cz i didn't want alcohol but i felt bad
i order a pint of water more often than a pint of anything else.. they dont mind, its not costing them anything andthey're getting business from my mates.
Reply 38
Why not? :smile:
Oh, definitely...a supply of water's pretty essential when on the lash...

Latest