The Student Room Group

Is this a good apology message?

Hi all,

I was blocked on Facebook by a friend at the start of last year because I was asking too many questions about how her boyfriend was treating her. Also she told me that me tagging her with a few other friends in a public New Years post I made last year made her feel uncomfortable.

She's a still a connection to me on other social media platforms so now that some time's past I was thinking of sending her an apology message on one of those to try to put things right and hopefully be friends again.

Here is the post draft below. If anyone could please read through it and let me if it clearly gets the point across or is missing anything important, you'll be doing a massive favour to let me know as this friendship is very important to me.

Thanks very much in advance.

Spoiler

Reply 1
I think it's too long and too detailed.
I would suggest something shorter, just to test the water.
If you get a positive reply, then you can explain things in detail later.
Reply 2
Original post by cheadle
I think it's too long and too detailed.
I would suggest something shorter, just to test the water.
If you get a positive reply, then you can explain things in detail later.

Thanks for the feedback cheadle.

Is there anything particular in the message you think I should leave out?
Reply 3
Something short and sweet like this below (I have used your own words). The point here is that you just want to test the water. If X gets back and says that she appreciates you getting in touch but she doesn;t want to resume the friendship, then you move on. If she (hopefully) responds more positively, then you can save the details till you see them face to face.

Hello X
I wanted to apologise for upsetting you these past few years and I really hope we might be friends again. Even if you don't feel the same, I still want to apologise. I didn’t intend to upset you I was just incredibly worried about you at the time and didn't realise that I was making things worse. I hope that this has helped clear the air between us. I was wondering if enough time has passed that maybe you would consider being friends again?
Yours X
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending