The Student Room Group

Going to A Levels, help: 3 A Levels in two years or 2+1 in A levels in one year?

I want to give my A Levels for Biology, Chemistry, Physics and i have the choice to give 3 AS and A2 in two years or give 2 whole A levels (Bio, chem) in one year and then the other (physics) in the other year. I have received A*s for almost all my IGCSEs but still feel that i might be a bit weaker in physics than the other two sciences and my friends have switched to the latter option which is giving 2+1 levels. Even my mom suggests its a good idea. I want to stick to my AS+A2 choice since it will be way easier and i'll get breathing space but im second guessing myself now. What do you guys suggest? Please help me on this
Original post by ToastOfTheUndead
I want to give my A Levels for Biology, Chemistry, Physics and i have the choice to give 3 AS and A2 in two years or give 2 whole A levels (Bio, chem) in one year and then the other (physics) in the other year. I have received A*s for almost all my IGCSEs but still feel that i might be a bit weaker in physics than the other two sciences and my friends have switched to the latter option which is giving 2+1 levels. Even my mom suggests its a good idea. I want to stick to my AS+A2 choice since it will be way easier and i'll get breathing space but im second guessing myself now. What do you guys suggest? Please help me on this

I would do the 3 A Levels over two years. You've not done A Level maths, so doing A2 physics will be extremely difficult having not done maths for months. Also, whatever degree you want to do, you'll be a bit rusty with the bio and Chem, since you wouldn't have done it for awhile.
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
I would do the 3 A Levels over two years. You've not done A Level maths, so doing A2 physics will be extremely difficult having not done maths for months. Also, whatever degree you want to do, you'll be a bit rusty with the bio and Chem, since you wouldn't have done it for awhile.

Yea :smile: i agree
Original post by ToastOfTheUndead

Sometimes universities won't accept that your results fulfil the entry requirements if you have not sat all of your A2 exams in the same year. Certain universities like to see that you can handle the workload of three A levels all at once. So, I would recommend that you take three a levels over two years.
Original post by DavMax15
Sometimes universities won't accept that your results fulfil the entry requirements if you have not sat all of your A2 exams in the same year. Certain universities like to see that you can handle the workload of three A levels all at once. So, I would recommend that you take three a levels over two years.

Woah! That's a really good point, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest