The Student Room Group

The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tech10
Has anyone heard from Weil?! They are taking ages!! Submitted my application in early October...

I submitted in October also and haven't heard anything (not even the video interview, which i understand some people have got)
Original post by llamalpaca
Do you think it too late to submit rolling basis applications now?

just go for it. I thought it was too late to submit mine for the links winter scheme, when there was a week left. A friend of mine submitted his 15 mins before the deadline and got it. Biggest regret of my life.
Is the Mayer Brown verbal reasoning test link sent automatically after submission? I applied last week and only received the confirmation email.
Original post by giggy12s
Has anyone heard from Baker & Mckenzie post video interview?

i did mine on thursday and got an email saying its under review
Does anyone know how long Norton Rose Fulbright (application submitted on 20th Nov), Freshfields (verbal reasoning test completed on 30th Nov) and Baker & McKenzie (application submitted 10th Dec) take to respond?

Thanks!
Original post by rachlily
Does anyone know how long Norton Rose Fulbright (application submitted on 20th Nov), Freshfields (verbal reasoning test completed on 30th Nov) and Baker & McKenzie (application submitted 10th Dec) take to respond?

Thanks!

Baker & McKenzie took two full weeks to process my app. When I talked to their recruitment team, they also told me that they process apps in the order that they come in.

Good luck!
Has anyone done a video interview with Clifford chance? And would be willing to share their experience and what to expect? In return i can help with other video Interviews and ACs I've done. Thanks!
AC for CMS! So happy because I didn't think my telephone interview went that well! Any general AC tips?
Original post by HistoryLaw
Has anyone done a video interview with Clifford chance? And would be willing to share their experience and what to expect? In return i can help with other video Interviews and ACs I've done. Thanks!

I thought they are not rolling basis! Good luck
Original post by giggy12s
I thought they are not rolling basis! Good luck

Thanks! Yeah I was surprised too, hence why I'm panicking now!
Original post by jamielan
i did mine on thursday and got an email saying its under review

Hey, saw you're applying to Baker's, I still haven't heard and am applying for Summer? Are you applying for Summer too and did you have to do tests before you did the video interview?
Original post by tech10
Hey, saw you're applying to Baker's, I still haven't heard and am applying for Summer? Are you applying for Summer too and did you have to do tests before you did the video interview?

I applied for Spring and I had to do online tests before the video interview. I am currently waiting to hear back post-video interview and its been a while and I heard they reply within 3 days!!!
Does anyone have any tips for the Addleshaw Goddard video interview please?
Reply 1393
How long does HSF take to let you know if you've passed/failed the verbal test?
Original post by jamielan
I applied for Spring and I had to do online tests before the video interview. I am currently waiting to hear back post-video interview and its been a while and I heard they reply within 3 days!!!

lucky you, i applied for spring in early november, and haven't even had an invite to do online tests...
Anyone have a Hogan Lovells AC next week?
Yay AC offer from BLP, pretty nervous as it'll be my first ahh.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1397
Hello
I know it has been asked few times but has anyone got any insight on the Baker & McKenzie video interview. Mainly what type of questions came up and what was the time limit like and etc.
Thanks
Hi guys,

I need your input: what do you think are the chances that the firms would allow me to switch from attending a vac scheme AC to one for a straight TC (it's one of those apply4law applications that allows for applications for both)?

My circumstances have changed since I submitted my applications and I don't think I can attend the vac schemes anymore. I have a BLP AC coming up in January and did my Dentons first round interview over the phone last week. As far as I'm aware, both firms have the same processes for their TC and vac scheme apps. I'm hoping that I haven't gone this far for nothing :frown:
Does anyone have the application questions for Herbert Smith Freehills?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending