The Student Room Group

Delivering at pace

I've just finished my A-levels this year and have decided to look for a job. I wanted to apply for an AO job with HMRC. However, I'm struggling with the application process. They want me to give an example of when I have delivered at pace (max 250 words). I want to use the STAR method but can't think of an appropriate situation and was wondering if anybody can help me model an answer. Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Audiology999
I've just finished my A-levels this year and have decided to look for a job. I wanted to apply for an AO job with HMRC. However, I'm struggling with the application process. They want me to give an example of when I have delivered at pace (max 250 words). I want to use the STAR method but can't think of an appropriate situation and was wondering if anybody can help me model an answer. Thanks in advance :smile:

Star method isn't necessarily appropriate because STAR best defines a specific challenge/issue whereas delivering at pace is more a description of an on-going, environmental requirement of a role. I'd just think of a time where you have had to deliver, deliver, deliver - waiting tables is a classic and say why and how you sustained the tempo.
Getting a civil service job really does come down to good behaviour examples using star method as people have said.

What helped me to have really good examples for all the behaviours (including delivering at pace) was www.civilservicesuccess.co.uk they have actual winning examples for all of the competencies/strength questions to help form your own examples at application and interview. I went on to secure an EO role at dwp and then onto heo so v grateful. There was also one website called interview silver i saw - hope this helps and good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending