The Student Room Group

Home office - customer services - AO - 317562

Has anyone else applied for the home office, operational delivery, customer service AO role? I know there’s 200 jobs in Liverpool and a few else where.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I am. Just started on my personal statement but struggling on what to include to make it good tbh
Reply 2
It’s tough isn’t it, I don’t think Iv done it right but we will see.
Hi, I applied a few weeks ago. Has anyone heard anything since submitting their personal statement?
Reply 4
Original post by Claire Maddison
Hi, I applied a few weeks ago. Has anyone heard anything since submitting their personal statement?

I received an email saying Iv been invited for an interview, that was last Thursday I think. Where did you apply for?
Reply 5
Original post by Claire Maddison

I’ve not yet for this role, but I just did about half an hour ago for a similar EO role which closed a week earlier than this role, so I’m hopefully expecting to hear back within a week
Reply 6
I just heard back! Invited for the interview although I'm still focusing on my EO one first which I'll do tomorrow
Reply 7
Original post by jam1e
I’ve not yet for this role, but I just did about half an hour ago for a similar EO role which closed a week earlier than this role, so I’m hopefully expecting to hear back within a week

Did you do the interview for the EO role? If so how did you find it? If you dont mind me asking were the strength questions based on the 2 behaviours or were they generic?
Reply 8
Original post by aminasurti
Did you do the interview for the EO role? If so how did you find it? If you dont mind me asking were the strength questions based on the 2 behaviours or were they generic?

I've not yet, sorry. I need to do it today but I've been too nervous to actually do it hahaha. I'll let you know later
Reply 9
Same, I'm really nervous too. I plan to do it later on today or tomorrow. Let me know how it goes. Good luck!
Reply 10
Same, I'm really nervous too. I plan to do it later on today or tomorrow. Let me know how it goes. Good luck!

Thank you, you too! When's your deadline? I was originally told Sunday the 3rd, but the recent emails changed it to the 1st, so already I'm a bit all over the place since I planned to do it tomorrow
Reply 11
Original post by jam1e
Thank you, you too! When's your deadline? I was originally told Sunday the 3rd, but the recent emails changed it to the 1st, so already I'm a bit all over the place since I planned to do it tomorrow

How strange, I was told the 30th and it’s been extended to the 3rd. Still not got round to doing it .
Reply 12
Original post by Kjc21
How strange, I was told the 30th and it’s been extended to the 3rd. Still not got round to doing it .

Is that for AO or EO? My EO was the 3rd but new emails say the 1st, my AO I won't even receive until the 7th and it says I have until the 17th. I emailed about the sooner deadline but I haven't heard back so I guess I'll be doing it today to be safe it doesn't close on me
Reply 13

I took it not long ago! In the middle of it received an email saying deadline is extended to the 3rd, no use to me now 😅 The strengths were based on the behaviours which I didn’t expect, I felt like I just answered the same question using different words each time tbh
Original post by jam1e
I took it not long ago! In the middle of it received an email saying deadline is extended to the 3rd, no use to me now 😅 The strengths were based on the behaviours which I didn’t expect, I felt like I just answered the same question using different words each time tbh

Thank you so much! My initial email said 3rd and so did the most recent one. Ill probably do it before the 3rd today or tomorrow though im abit worried now about the strength questions. Were the questions hard?
Reply 15
Original post by jam1e

Oh dear, they could have been a bit faster with communication, couldn't they? Everything seems taking ages in the CS recruitment process 😂 What questions did you get? And how many of you don't mind me asking 🤔 Thanks!
Reply 16
Thank you so much! My initial email said 3rd and so did the most recent one. Ill probably do it before the 3rd today or tomorrow though im abit worried now about the strength questions. Were the questions hard?

My initial ones did say the 3rd but then the warnings that the deadline was soon were saying the 1st, but oh well I’ve done it now 😅 I don’t think they were hard, I just didn’t expect to be answering more on my leadership and making decisions questions so I’d kinda already used in my behaviour questions what I could’ve used in my strengths. Only ones I can actually remember for you was something like “How would you communicate to make sure the message is understood?” or something similar

The behaviours do have a list of prompts so that wasn’t bad, spent about a minute trying to answer each prompt
Original post by jam1e
My initial ones did say the 3rd but then the warnings that the deadline was soon were saying the 1st, but oh well I’ve done it now 😅 I don’t think they were hard, I just didn’t expect to be answering more on my leadership and making decisions questions so I’d kinda already used in my behaviour questions what I could’ve used in my strengths. Only ones I can actually remember for you was something like “How would you communicate to make sure the message is understood?” or something similar

The behaviours do have a list of prompts so that wasn’t bad, spent about a minute trying to answer each prompt

Thank you so much for the tips. I had prepared a few answers for the behaviours but now im thinking maybe i should prepare a few more so it can help me with the strength questions so im not repeating myself but at the same time i just want to get it out of the way since im really anxious about it. What location have you applied for?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by jam1e

I done my interview, the questions weren't hard but I could have done better ☹️ The Question on 'message understood' came up which was the only one I gave with full confidence so thank you for that. Hoping the AO interview goes better than this one.
Reply 19
Hi has anyone done the AO interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending