The Student Room Group

I failed GCSE Maths again

Ive honestly lost hope in passing maths after having to resit it 3 times. Everytime i resit i always get an E.I failed it in twice in year 12. Now that im in year 13 and will be applying to universities this year i worry that this may affect my UCAS application as many universities tend to need a pass in the core subjects. Is it possible i can get accepted if i pass in November??.I also didnt do so well in my As levels because i made a mistake in one my exams which resulted in a U and i recieved a D in my other subject. Stating the obvious universities are surely not going to consider somoene with low AS grades and a fail in maths. Now im panicked that i will be rejected from all universites :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
My advice would be to focus on ur alevels because year 13 is the most difficult year. Have you looked at an apprenticeship? 2 of my friends are doing it and honestly they are more stable than i am. if you want to go uni then even the bad results get accepted however, i would say try your hardest for the alevels and if ur going to resit as bc honestly not many unis care about gcses it you pass ur alevels
anyways i hope that helped and good luck with whatever you decide :smile:
Don't give up at all. I have been through your position and will be going to university in September. & trust me i used to get Es, & I just managed to pass on my last exam. I'd highly recommend hiring a tutor as it will be for your benefit. I did get offers from all of my universities, however only one university wanted a grade C in maths. So don't give up on your hopes. Even though you can possibly get into university without a grade C in maths, it is a qualification that i required with a variety of jobs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest