The Student Room Group

Are my BTEC's valid if I fail GCSE English Language?

(Private Teacher Asking to support my student. Scenario explained by me but in first person to be clearer)

I have been accepted onto a BTEC course for ICT after failing my GCSE English Language. I'm doing really well in ICT and I expect to pass without any problems.

I find English Language very difficult as I have a language disorder. I am concerned I might fail again on my resit of English Language. If this does happen, will my BTEC be valid? Will I be able to get the qualification or does it depend entirely on me passing my English Language exam?

Also if anyone knows the answer, will universities accept my BTEC grades and admit me if I do not have a passing GCSE for English Language?
Reply 1
yes your BTEC will still be valid! i failed maths (failed the 1st resit) and have my BTEC qualifications, but remember you basically have 2 resits before you typically start applying to university! also for the university part - it depends on the course and university, most require GCSE english language at a grade 4 but as i said before, you have 2 resits before year 13 when you would usually start applying but you can always apply later (e.g. for 2025+) so don’t worry and try your best!

Original post by WrightEnglish
(Private Teacher Asking to support my student. Scenario explained by me but in first person to be clearer)

I have been accepted onto a BTEC course for ICT after failing my GCSE English Language. I'm doing really well in ICT and I expect to pass without any problems.

I find English Language very difficult as I have a language disorder. I am concerned I might fail again on my resit of English Language. If this does happen, will my BTEC be valid? Will I be able to get the qualification or does it depend entirely on me passing my English Language exam?

Also if anyone knows the answer, will universities accept my BTEC grades and admit me if I do not have a passing GCSE for English Language?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending