The Student Room Group

Can you claim original grade if you get a lower grade on a resit?

For example, if I resit my GCSE English exams because I got a 5 in the original and need a 7, but end up getting a 4 instead, can I still claim my original grade or would I have to start going by my new grade?
Original post by bxa_842
For example, if I resit my GCSE English exams because I got a 5 in the original and need a 7, but end up getting a 4 instead, can I still claim my original grade or would I have to start going by my new grade?

lmao how do you manage to do that. probably just check with the exam board they would have some info i'd think on their website.
Reply 2
Original post by bxa_842

Yes, you would receive the higher grade out of the two :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by haum3a
Yes, you would receive the higher grade out of the two :smile:

Wait so does this rule only apply if you’ve passed? Or For eg I failed summer exams but got a lower grade in my resit. Can the exam board use my first grade if it meets the nov grade boundaries? Ty!
Reply 4
Original post by tjv14527_

Wait so does this rule only apply if you’ve passed? Or For eg I failed summer exams but got a lower grade in my resit. Can the exam board use my first grade if it meets the nov grade boundaries? Ty!

you would receive the grade you got in summer but it would still be a fail, and wouldn’t go up or down even if the nov grade boundaries are higher or lower, because grade boundaries are based on the specific paper you sit.

this means if it were maths or eng language you would have to sit again in the next summer exams, and if its another subject, it’s probably leaving it there if you’ve failed twice alr
Reply 5
Original post by haum3a
you would receive the grade you got in summer but it would still be a fail, and wouldn’t go up or down even if the nov grade boundaries are higher or lower, because grade boundaries are based on the specific paper you sit.

this means if it were maths or eng language you would have to sit again in the next summer exams, and if its another subject, it’s probably leaving it there if you’ve failed twice alr

Ohhh okay ty!!

Quick Reply

Latest