The Student Room Group

If I Fail My GCSE's How Can I Make Up For It, Instead of re-sitting them...??

I recently sat for my English Language Exam and my Maths, and I know without a doubt that my grades will not sit well with myself nor my parents... I still plan on sitting for them again. My only worry is that I'm completely shi**y at maths, I've had two tutors and still failed several test papers...Maths is one of the main subjects. If I can't get a decent grade; getting into a decent university, studying for my A levels and getting my dream job (which requires me to get a level 5 or above in ALL my subjects) is not going to work out for me...

WHAT DO I DO!!!!???🫥
Original post by Limelight020
I recently sat for my English Language Exam and my Maths, and I know without a doubt that my grades will not sit well with myself nor my parents... I still plan on sitting for them again. My only worry is that I'm completely shi**y at maths, I've had two tutors and still failed several test papers...Maths is one of the main subjects. If I can't get a decent grade; getting into a decent university, studying for my A levels and getting my dream job (which requires me to get a level 5 or above in ALL my subjects) is not going to work out for me...

WHAT DO I DO!!!!???🫥

I don't think you can get around the GCSE requirement for uni. You need a Level 2 in Maths, either through GCSE or any other similar qualification.

After getting the decent grades you would need in your A Levels, you would probably need to work on how you approach maths. I don't know your specific situation, but there is often a type of mindset and thinking that's involved in maths. If you don't have it, life can be unnecessarily more difficult.
Not resitting them will really hold you back in terms of future opportunities.
you can't really get around the GCSE requirement in maths and english. You will need a grade 4 or 5 GCSE or some other acceptable qualification in maths. Your other GCSEs don't really matter all that much as far as uni admissions is concerned.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 4
You could consider a 6th form college and sit the two GCSEs again, hopefully an easier board? Plus maybe another 2/3 subjects.
I did badly with school GCSE level but was way better at a 6th from college. The atmosphere was far more suited to me and it improved my confidence. (I was actually ok with maths)
Maybe a maths tutor would help?
I know someone who was working yet used evening classes to pass English and Maths in order to get a better job.
Reply 5
I guess I don't have much of a choice...
I'll have to sit them again.
Thank you all for your replies :smile:

I'll take all of your advice into consideration❤
Fingers crossed I do better in my resits....xx
I guess I don't have much of a choice...
I'll have to sit them again.
Thank you all for your replies :smile:

I'll take all of your advice into consideration❤
Fingers crossed I do better in my resits....xx

I wish you the best of luck! If you put the work in I'm sure you'll get to where you want to be :smile:

WHAT DO I DO!!!!???🫥

let me tell you that you guys are lucky I just came to the UK 2 years ago without a single word of english and my social worker joined me to the school straight to year 11 i passed all subject except english and hade to retake the year but again failed finally i couldn't get to my favorite sixth form with all my friends. now i am in college and passed English but it was too late.
Original post by Nawroz hussaini
let me tell you that you guys are lucky I just came to the UK 2 years ago without a single word of english and my social worker joined me to the school straight to year 11 i passed all subject except english and hade to retake the year but again failed finally i couldn't get to my favorite sixth form with all my friends. now i am in college and passed English but it was too late.

How was it too late if you got the required result (pass)? I hope you're doing well now :smile:
Original post by ConfusedAmbivert
How was it too late if you got the required result (pass)? I hope you're doing well now :smile:

Because i Miss my school so much and so much they were so good with me, I don't think I could ever forget about them and I am 17 now have to continue with my course in the college which i hate it and it wasn't my plan at all!!!!
Original post by Nawroz hussaini
Because i Miss my school so much and so much they were so good with me, I don't think I could ever forget about them and I am 17 now have to continue with my course in the college which i hate it and it wasn't my plan at all!!!!

What are you currently studying?
Reply 11
pick up a trade mate

Quick Reply

Latest