The Student Room Group

What kind of stationary do I need for Maths?

This may be a stupid question but what do I need? Just the usual pads, pens, and files, and obviously my calculators? Will I get sent a list from my uni?
Reply 1
Original post by PaceyWitterisBAE
This may be a stupid question but what do I need? Just the usual pads, pens, and files, and obviously my calculators? Will I get sent a list from my uni?

I would personally rob a stationary shop!!!!
Reply 2
I was always pretty unorganised. My system, which I perfected just about the time I graduated, was a thick pad of narrow rule paper, and six ring binders (one for each course that semester). Take notes in the pad all day, then when you get home rip out the pages and file them in the correct binder. After your exams, store the notes in some cheaper place (e.g. using cable ties) and re-label your binders to your new courses.

Then buy about seven thousand bic pens, black blue and red, and store them everywhere (you WILL run out and people WILL ask to borrow it all).

Invest in a hole punch to store lecture handouts in the file too.

And NEVER lend anyone notes for more than the 5 minutes it takes to make a photocopy. They WILL lose them.

Pad, pen & calculator is all you'll ever need. But some good organisation pays dividends.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by PaceyWitterisBAE

Basic stationary such as notebooks, notepad, pens, folders and plastic wallets (to put assignment sheets and other documents).

Other than that, having a computer is desirable.
------------------------------------------
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by jamiedarlison
Hey guys, what do you think of a student pack/kit that can be purchased online which has everything you need for GCSE and then another pack which has everything you need for A level? And also a Uni pack?

Just wondering as my friend thought of the idea and he just wants some feedback.Many thanks

Waste of money of you ask me. Go to the shop and buy it yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest