The Student Room Group

CCC at A-Level

I got a CCC at a-level and with the amount of work I put in I'm not happy with those grades. However even though the entry requirements were BBB my firm university accepted me, which I am really thankful for. However I am really really distressed about my grades.

In each subject I was a few UMS marks off, and I want to get at least two subjects remarked but I don't know if its worth it and whether it will make a difference or not.

In Biology I was 12 UMS marks off and I know there isn't much hope there. However with Psychology and Maths I was 5 UMS marks off and 9 UMS off respectively.

Please could someone give me some advice. Thank you.
Original post by niya98
I got a CCC at a-level and with the amount of work I put in I'm not happy with those grades. However even though the entry requirements were BBB my firm university accepted me, which I am really thankful for. However I am really really distressed about my grades.

In each subject I was a few UMS marks off, and I want to get at least two subjects remarked but I don't know if its worth it and whether it will make a difference or not.

In Biology I was 12 UMS marks off and I know there isn't much hope there. However with Psychology and Maths I was 5 UMS marks off and 9 UMS off respectively.

Please could someone give me some advice. Thank you.

I'd say get on with your life, rejoice in the fact that you got into university, put the not-inconsiderable expense of remarks to better use at university and enjoy yourself. The change to the remark system this year means the odds of them going up is very slight and not worth the money, in my opinion. You will have better uses for the money in the new term.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I'd say get on with your life, rejoice in the fact that you got into university, put the not-inconsiderable expense of remarks to better use at university and enjoy yourself. The change to the remark system this year means the odds of them going up is very slight and not worth the money, in my opinion. You will have better uses for the money in the new term.

Don't employers look at a-level results as well? Wouldn't this affect other aspects of my future?
Original post by niya98
Don't employers look at a-level results as well? Wouldn't this affect other aspects of my future?

Some do, but even if your grades go up to BBB, they are still likely to be below the cut off for the kind of companies who screen like this. (Very few do.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending