The Student Room Group

retaking A levels and unis

i messed up my A levels. i had personal issues making me unable to study to the best of my abilities in the A level exams. i missed my conditional offer to uni because i got a ccc. now i dont know what to do. i wanna retake and apply to the US after gap year. but what grades do i apply with, the ccc? what would have been the point of the retake then
Reply 1
Go into school and talk to staff there - they will have the best advice for you.
Do it this morning.
Original post by mr.yung
i messed up my A levels. i had personal issues making me unable to study to the best of my abilities in the A level exams. i missed my conditional offer to uni because i got a ccc. now i dont know what to do. i wanna retake and apply to the US after gap year. but what grades do i apply with, the ccc? what would have been the point of the retake then

Hi

At LSBU we believe education should be accessible to all, so we prefer to take a holistic view rather than always solely relying on grades.

Therefore, we’ll consider things like your application, your qualifications, and even any personal experiences you’ve had outside of mainstream education including certificates of participation.

If you wish to speak to a course advisor or ask any questions regarding submitting an application, calls us on (0)20 7815 7500. You can also talk to the Clearing team, to help discuss what options you have at 0800 923 8888.

I hope I managed to help!

Best wishes,
Kaprice R
LSBU Rep
Reply 3
I'm in year 12 and I sat my a levels maths exam this year, a year early. I got an A and want to retake next year in year 13 so I can get an A*, will I still be able to apply to course that requires an A* in maths as my predicted grade in maths for next year is an A*? Will this penalise my chances of getting into university?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by ebonyAm
I'm in year 12 and I sat my a levels maths exam this year, a year early. I got an A and want to retake next year in year 13 so I can get an A*, will I still be able to apply to course that requires an A* in maths as my predicted grade in maths for next year is an A*? Will this penalise my chances of getting into university?

Most Unis are totally okay with a resit for an A level taken early - but give each of your five UCAS choices a quick call (not today...) to check their policy before you apply.

Quick Reply

Latest