The Student Room Group

Degree Apprenticeships Requirements.

So i've barely passed my A Levels, only getting CCC,i Believe 96 UCAS Points, will i still be able to get accepted into these degree apprenticeships, as most of these require like 120 UCAS points or ABB
Original post by phenhoe
So i've barely passed my A Levels, only getting CCC,i Believe 96 UCAS Points, will i still be able to get accepted into these degree apprenticeships, as most of these require like 120 UCAS points or ABB

ABB is 128 UCAS points, not 120.

You'll almost certainly not be accepted to those that require ABB. Sorry. :frown:
Reply 2
As the user above said, it would be very hard to get into any with such grades. However there are definitely places that offer some for you, e.g. this is a sample of a Jaguar Land Rover Degree apprenticeship:
GCSE: English Language and Maths at Level 5 (C) or above plus 3 additional GCSEs at Level 5 or higher. A-Levels: Maths grade B or C dependant on the pathway plus another A level grade C or above.

So you'd be able to get in there dependent on pathway. I'd recommend checking out loads of different companies, because like the above there are some that allow you to do this. Prospects is really useful for that, and you can sign up to their newsletter to be notified of new apprenticeships.

Also, are you sure you want a degree apprenticeship? Depending on what you want to go into, it might be worth considering a level 4 or something. Quite a lot guarantee you a job afterwards and the experience is invaluable even without a degree.

Hope this helps! If you're happy to tell, can I ask what apprenticeship pathways you're looking at? Might be able to browse some companies for you. Best of luck, wherever you go :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by {Moss}
As the user above said, it would be very hard to get into any with such grades. However there are definitely places that offer some for you, e.g. this is a sample of a Jaguar Land Rover Degree apprenticeship:
GCSE: English Language and Maths at Level 5 (C) or above plus 3 additional GCSEs at Level 5 or higher. A-Levels: Maths grade B or C dependant on the pathway plus another A level grade C or above.

So you'd be able to get in there dependent on pathway. I'd recommend checking out loads of different companies, because like the above there are some that allow you to do this. Prospects is really useful for that, and you can sign up to their newsletter to be notified of new apprenticeships.

Also, are you sure you want a degree apprenticeship? Depending on what you want to go into, it might be worth considering a level 4 or something. Quite a lot guarantee you a job afterwards and the experience is invaluable even without a degree.

Hope this helps! If you're happy to tell, can I ask what apprenticeship pathways you're looking at? Might be able to browse some companies for you. Best of luck, wherever you go :biggrin:

yea so I've already had a week worth of work experience at deloitte where i learnt a bit about cyber security and the business side of things etc commercial awareness. I'm somewhat close in getting a few weeks of work experience at IBM, but there seems to be a lack of communication so i doubt that'll happen, so ideally id be looking at a degree/normal apprenticeship around the realm of tech or like a finace/business style, so basically all of em [there wouldve been a crying/laughing emoji right after this sentence but there aint]. Thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by phenhoe
yea so I've already had a week worth of work experience at deloitte where i learnt a bit about cyber security and the business side of things etc commercial awareness. I'm somewhat close in getting a few weeks of work experience at IBM, but there seems to be a lack of communication so i doubt that'll happen, so ideally id be looking at a degree/normal apprenticeship around the realm of tech or like a finace/business style, so basically all of em [there wouldve been a crying/laughing emoji right after this sentence but there aint]. Thanks!

That's great! That work experience will be really handy to put on a CV too, definitely give you an edge over others.
So annoyingly it seems that it's too early in the academic year to find out much about apprenticeships at the moment. Some potentials you might want to keep an eye on for your kind of thing are: KPMG, Capgemini, Fujitsu, BT and Vodafone. At the moment they've not released grades needed, so it might be a no go sadly.
For apprenticeships (degree) that are available for you (requiring CCC or above) are the aforementioned Jaguar Land Rover, and also Rolls Royce. They offer both business and tech apprenticeships in a variety of fields. Definitely worth a look for you, if you just search up '[name] apprenticeships' :biggrin:.
As mentioned too, definitely worth signing up to the Prospects newsletter. You'll get regular, customised updates on new apprenticeships, and that makes you at the forefront for opportunities: most are offered on a rolling basis, so it's important to be quick in applying.

Hope that helps! Once more best of luck, let me know if there's anything you need.
Original post by phenhoe

i recommend amazon for their degree apprenticeships in data and swe it’s EE
Reply 6
Original post by Ethereal001
i recommend amazon for their degree apprenticeships in data and swe it’s EE

i was wondering if i could apply to multiple degree apprenticeships at amazon, or am i only restricted to one
Original post by phenhoe
i was wondering if i could apply to multiple degree apprenticeships at amazon, or am i only restricted to one

yep but just double check the entry requirements because some are higher
Original post by phenhoe

A lot of degree apprenticeships accept CCC/96 UCAS points. Just search on the government website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending