The Student Room Group

Deferral failure

Hi guys and ladies, I've been doing allot of deferrals this summer and I've sat an exam that's worth 50% of a module and I'm pretty sure I've failed it. I've done very well in my other modules but I've slacked off in this one. Was wondering if I'll have to repeat a year if I've failed one module in my second year?
All input would be appreciated, thanks 😊
Reply 1
At UCL if you fail a referral/deferral you get kicked out for good no more chances. Idk what ur unis policy is :/
Reply 2
Oh dear
You need to look at the rules and regulations about referrals for your particular university.
It depends how much you fail by.
There might be scope for a condoned pass or they might want a resit or retake. Its up to your Uni.
Reply 4
yeah it doesn't say much but I know it's up to my exam board. But I know that a deferral counts as a first time assessment and I'm entitled for a referral if my grades are good enough... Which they are. But I know you have to pass all second year modules before you go into third year.
Reply 5
Original post by Wilhelmj
yeah it doesn't say much but I know it's up to my exam board. But I know that a deferral counts as a first time assessment and I'm entitled for a referral if my grades are good enough... Which they are. But I know you have to pass all second year modules before you go into third year.

Im sorr i misread your post. I though you were resitting the whole year again. If you fail a referral you can resit the exam the following year.
Reply 6
no haha, I've passed every other part of the module apart from the exam, and it's my first attempt at the exam.
I'm planning on taking a gap year... Would I be able to take the gap year and resit the exam at the next opportunity?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
wouldnt u rather get uni finished and done with rather than having it loom over you head on your gap year?
Reply 8
no I don't mind, I haven't got any ideas for my dissertation yet and I want to make a good job of it. I have some ideas but I haven't started it yet. I think I'll need to do field work you see.

So you sure as you can be about getting to resit the exam next year? If so that would make my day. 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending