The Student Room Group

is this a good deferral email?

Hello, my name is [name], d.o.b [d.o.b]
UCAS ID: x
[uni] ID: x

I would like to defer my [course] entry to 2024 due to personal health issues.

At the moment i have this accommodation booked:
Room Number: x
Floor: x
Room Type: x
Contract Start Date: x
Contract End Date: x

Please could you let me know if the deferral is possible as i need to cancel this accommodation by the 31st of August if my place can be deferred. If this email is recieved after the 31st of August, please do not defer my place.
Original post by discomfortd
Hello, my name is [name], d.o.b [d.o.b]
UCAS ID: x
[uni] ID: x

I would like to defer my [course] entry to 2024 due to personal health issues.

At the moment i have this accommodation booked:
Room Number: x
Floor: x
Room Type: x
Contract Start Date: x
Contract End Date: x

Please could you let me know if the deferral is possible as i need to cancel this accommodation by the 31st of August if my place can be deferred. If this email is recieved after the 31st of August, please do not defer my place.

It's fine. Some unis may ask for evidence of your health condition.

NB. If you need a response ASAP then you should call the uni immediately after sending the message. There's almost no chance you'll get a response within 2 days otherwise.
Reply 2
Deferral has nothing to do with your accommodation contract.

Email Admissions to ask whether a deferral is possible, and once thats been agreed, then email the Accommodation office to cancel your accommodation.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Deferral has nothing to do with your accommodation contract.

Email Admissions to ask whether a deferral is possible, and once thats been agreed, then email the Accommodation office to cancel your accommodation.

thanks for your response

the reason i ask of them to reply before 31st august is that is my deadline to cancel my acommodation. If a deferral is not possible i will want to keep this spot, but if they do defer me, i will cancel the acommodation. Thats why i need to hear back if course deferral is possible ASAP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending